Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    I might go for the whole 2.5 miles next week  In fact, if it's relatively pain free I might do it again Boxing Day, if only to give Mr Hankey a hand.

I'm still going strong.Did 4hrs on the bike on Sunday,3hrs at tempo followed by a 40 minute easy run as my legs were a bit tired.Out tonight for at least an hour maybe 1.5 hrs then race on Sunday so I'll be taking things easy till then as the run over the Roaches will be a toughie,it's almost a scramble in places. Got plenty of warm clothing for tonight too.

About 15km on Monday including 14 x 200m uphill intervals. Going out for a jog in a few minutes.

Jogged round feldweg in the pitch black and several degrees below zero with Tri Team Heuchelbúrg (randomly spelt).  One of those runs where you know you are alive and this isn't just a dream.

1hr 20mins,10miles and kept tasting todays lunch all the way round too.

My run milage has been low for me over the past 3 weeks, just a couple of 5k blasts each week - work has been madness so I've lost a lot of my lunchtime run sessions However  have been cranking up the milage on the single speed X bike week by week - did a 50 miler (mixed on/off road) on Saturday that included a couple of miles of running / pushing at various points where the trail did not permit riding.Finally got back in the pool tonight too after a 2-3 month lay off.

Since the weather is honking and the biking isnt much fun at the moment i have been running every day before breakfast trying to keep the tubbs from hitting the bellyBut i do like it. I've been running on and off for about 18 years so its not too much of a shock to the system. 

Well I did it. 3.5 mile cross country in the pissing rain & wind, 'slight' hangover in 39 mins.I was quite pleased with myself but the mate I ran with was, at times, running backwards talking to me at my pace

I ve ditched the treadmill in my outhouse, getting bored to death of it and got too fixated on my run times, heart rate etc...stressed me out. Went to Sweat Shop to get my gait analysis done...oh my word I was over pronating about as bad as u can do...looked like an injury waiting to happen. So got sum new kicks for Crimbo and out running around the lanes...oddly enough I am doing my 5k (which is my limit at the mo without killing myself) faster and less painfully than on the treadmill. Also doing a 2 mile TAB for my TA training every monday night in my boots with 25kg cross country in 27mins. Which should mean I do the timed assessment easily at training barracks but somehow it never quite works out!Anyway off for a run before the snow comes down...

A tad under 11 miles on Sunday morning,1hr 25 minutes and a couple of long hills. Calves were wrecked afterwards so starting to do some calf raises as well as the usual stretching to get them sorted. Just deciding whether to go with the wifes running club this Sunday,12 miles...

Wednesday I used a machine int' gym - after 2.5 miles I was bored despite the music & the TV screens.  How do folk do that week in, week out?

I think running machines can be a useful tool for strictly controlled interval sessions, like using a turbo trainer, but you have to be pretty focused on some sort of goal for that, for everything else they are crap.Anyway, I have been able to stick to doing 2 miles a couple of times during the week, and 5 at weekend for a few weeks now, starting to feel better looking forward to spring.

My knees/ankles are holding up much better now & once my cold has cleared up I hope to be back to 2 or 3 times a week.  Looking to build from 5k to 10k by the summer.

I think the great thing about running, is the pure simplicity invovled!  No bike to worry about, no kit to get together, no driving to the gym.....just put on your shoes and run! You can be out and back on the sofa eating pies within the hour! So to go to a gym and run is just mad.....certainly for more than a few minutes anyway!

I particulary like the people who drive 5/10mins to the gym then get on the treadmill as a warm up.

Senior Member Mustrum Ridcully - Kicking Against The Pricks's Avatar
    Nobby wrote (see)Wednesday I used a machine int' gym - after 2.5 miles I was bored despite the music & the TV screens.  How do folk do that week in, week out?After 2.5 miles I'd be needing a defibrilator

It's taken ages to get to that distance - I used to get out of breath putting me shoes on.

Most running is replaced by cross-country skiing at present. Just a 10km and 5km jog so my legs don't forget what impact is.

With regards to running in a gym, when I used to use a gym I found it most helpful to use a treadmill directly opposite a line of fine looking females that were also using treadmills. Under those circumstances I had no problems with running ultramarathons.

Indeed DK - the first few minutes were bearable due to the reflected glory of bouncing puppies a few machines along in the mirrored wall. Unfortunately their owner was just finishing her workout...