Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I was attempting to stop the toilet cistern from constanly filling up last night and I dropped the porcelain lid on the toilet and I smashed it.I looked all over the toilet for a brand name/part number but I can't find one.Anybody reckon I can buy a new lid? and where will be best to look?Helpfully all the plumbing store on the interweb are blocked at work and well I have a woman at home who is seriously fuming and I'm already in a whole world of shit with her so expediating the fix would be appreciated.How much would a new toilet and plumber to fix it in cost?

How much would a new toilet and plumber to fix it in cost?Picks pencil from behind ear writes a figure on a peice of paper, tuts and shakes head ruefully, adds a couple of zeros and passes paper to billy.

I'm prepared to be bent over and shafted by the plumber...just how much is a new bog!!! B&Q for me tonight I reckon I mean is it £300 or £1000 for a plumber to fix it.

Anybody reckon I can buy a new lid? and where will be best to look?Wicks / B&Q. Do you need a whole new crapper, or just a lid of da sh*tter ?Is it just the lid that's broken ? If so, tell her indoors to chill. You can still crap and flush to your hearts/bowels content can't you ? If not, start getting the overtime requests in.

I think you should pick up a cistern for well less than 100 notes, probably about 100 for a plumber to install, should take less than an hour to do, best to ring a couple explain the situation and ask for a price. With the current collapse of the construction industry there should be plenty of plumbers looking for work, and not the rip[ off situation of a couple of years ago.

It's just the lid...but an 8year old lid..and one with that push button in the middle :/I'm going to try and find a lid if I can but if not...for my relationship status...I will need a new bog .

Make sure their English is crap, so you'll get a decent job done at a decent price, done in a decent timeframe.

I just looked at the b&q website and cisterns are around 100 notes, I think you will be lucky to get the lid off a cistern, they all seem to be different designs to me.

Ditch the porcelain monstrosity, and  go for  the very latest in front-wall, fresh-air orifices, combined with a wide-capacity gutter installation below. Alternatively maybe go all modern, and turn the flusing mech into a pre-industrialised pulling device. That's a piece of string.In the student hovel/squat I used to live in, our lid vanished one party - probably nicked for nefarious chemical means - so for the last 6 mths had to operate the flushing from activating the switch inside. Strangely more satisfying.  and yes there were females in our house before you ask, we just got on with things and didn't make a fuss. Blitz spirit and all that ...

Cheers MSP she let me in a secret that it's actually a B&Q barcelona...so I've just ordered a cistern for 100....delivery in two weeks aka as two weeks of hell

I was going to suggest the local tip - ours has always got loads of old bogs and sinks standing about in the "re-use zone".

aka as two weeks of hellIt must be simple to trigger the flushing mech though, isn't it ?

Yes, they just push down.

Billy most Band Q,s have a selection of bits and pieces of cistern etc,just ask at the trade desk,im sure some one can help you.http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9295936& fh_view_size=150&fh_start_index=10&fh_loca tion=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=cistern s&fh_eds=%c3%9f&fh_refview=search&ts=1 256673283269&isSearch=trueAlso have a look at the one below from wickes.http://www.wickes.co.uk/Toilet-To-Go/invt/190476 available from stock and 25 year guarantee,

B&Q were pretty awesome, gave me the suppliers name for the part, but the supplier won't sell on the lid only...which i reckon is a bit of a crock of shit. But ho hum, the cistern will be here by the weekend...and I can swap the lids over and use the spare cistern as a pot planter to match the ceramic sinks in the garden

Senior Member Xenu The galactic roola of the confederacy's Avatar
    i bet you get a different color

FULL MENTAL RETARD wrote (see)i bet you get a different colorYep bet Billy never thought of that

you should have gone to discount heating.com. seriously cheap and very good service.

It's made for B&Q though?

they all come from the same places, do you think B&Q have a custom designed toilet. or one from a manufactures range?