Thread: so Darran Brown

my guess is some sort of device that projected the numbers onto the balls and exposed the numbers on to them, or my wife thinks that the numbers were not there but by holding the numbers written on the card above and some sort of pattern on the balls he manged to get us to see the numbers he wanted us to see. bloody good trick though!

I didn't watch it, but isn't there a delay in transmission to edit any language freak outs etc. I expect its essentially the same trick as used in "the sting"

No the delay is only about 1 second, you could flick between shows on channel 4 and BBC1, i think the delay is reduced to stop any chance of being accused of changing a number. to give you a description he had his 6 balls lined up on a plastic plinth in the middle of what appears to be an empty studio, he explains what he is going to do and turns on a large TV, which is showing BBC1, he watches the draw and writes the numbers on a large piece of white card when they are finalised, he then goes back to the plinth and turns it around revealing the numbers on the balls are all correct and in the correct order. The Camera angle did not change and the balls remined in open site the whole time, the balls were in camera shot for about 3/4 minutes before the draw, and turned around about 10 seconds after the balls were finalised, so about 30 seconds from first ball out of lottery machine to Darren turning around his.

My guess is this....if he could accurately pick 6numbers from the lottery through some mystical voodoo he wouldn't be doing TV shows about it more like vashin it all up and buying his own island in the seychelles

I am pretty sure that the BBC show is delayed by 5 mins.

He spent a lot of time covering his mouth.

split screen.  The camera was fixed in place and the left hand side of the screen was frozen with software allowing a stagehand to arrange the balls.  The camera could still appear to move slightly because software could move the image around.  When they turned the Left hand side back on to a live feed they used software to 'wobble' the camera slightly to cover up any slight image changes.When Derren Brown moved over to the balls then the camer was unlocked and panned over to him.Just a theory.

Senior Member Xenu The galactic roola of the confederacy's Avatar
    yeah, I wouldn't believe anything I watch on tv.

Inside each ball was a tiny monkey with a radio earpiece relaying to them the numbers as the duplicitous devil wrote them down, then the monkey would paint the number on the inside of the ball. Easy as. Some people are so gullible, they'd believe anything. Anyway, if he was able to do magic, he'd do something about his face.

Senior Member Xenu The galactic roola of the confederacy's Avatar
    I'd love to do something with his face....

Remember all the hype Uri Geller got? The Beeb people could do with engaging their brains before making heros out of fraudsters and tricksters.

I think Derren Brown pegs himself firmly as a magician and entertainer rather than some mystical guru like Geller did.

He is teling all tomorrow on channel 4.(friday)

"Remember all the hype Uri Geller got? The Beeb people could do with engaging their brains before making heros out of fraudsters and tricksters."As BHB says. Brown is always critical of those who cite they have mystical powers.  He has always been upfront about the fact he uses psychology, misdirection and suggestion with a little showmanship to achieve his aim.  

Explanations accepted.

in fact he turned down membership of the magic circle as he says he is not a magacian but an ilusionist, (spl) anyway one of the ideas is that he did it all backwards, seems he has taught himself to walk and talk backwards that looks the same as doing it normally, but still do not see how the timings worked out.