Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Choons

Strolling round the park earlier listening to some old Massive Attack it dawned on me that I've not bought any albums in ages as I've not really heard owt that inspires me to.What are you hep-cats listening to at the minute?

Most modern stuff is utter s**te tbh Nobby, unless you are in regurtiataed guitar bands.I'd stick to your Massive Atttack era stuff - I'm mainly listening to old dub reggae from the 70's.  Like yourself, nothing inspires me but having DJ'd throughout the 90's when everything was new and fresh find it hard to be.

I quite liked the ting tings album, but mainly now I don't buy complete albums by new bands, I just download the occasional track that I have heard on the radio, and I like, from itunes. And as my radio Listening is generally restricted to German radio that's not a lot (and I sometimes listen to Radcliffe and Maconie on satellite who are actually pretty good).

Having had a quick look through the Album charts the ones I would like to hear to see if they are any good are,Paulo NutiniNoisettesKasabianProdigy

Soul Savers - It's Not How Far You Fall, It's How You LandLamb Of God - WrathThe Gutter Twins - SaturnaliaDavid Ford - Songs For The RoadEmmy The Great - Dunno what that one is called but she's only got oneNone of them are brand new this week but all of them are cracking albums.

New Prodigy is better than I expected.  Not as good as first two albums (I hate people that say things like that!!) but still pretty good.

the new Kasabian is OK (a few naff lyrics though)

Not as good as first two albums (I hate people that say things like that!!) but still pretty good.shouldn't that be first three albums ?

Not for me.  Fat Of The Land was average at best, The Something Or Other Sessions weren't technically a Prodigy album and Never Outgunned was dirge of the highest (should that be lowest) order.IMO obviously.  I also own albums by Dido and Avril Lavigne so what do I know!

The latest Prodigy album is utter bobbins.

You are forgeting Experience there Davidian.  Obviously not an old skool raver.

Fat Of The Land was average at best, The Something Or Other Sessions weren't technically a Prodigy album and Never Outgunned was dirge of the highest (should that be lowest) order.  

Not keen on the latest Prodigy stuff.  Is Kasabian's latest as poor as the last?

much better IMO

How am I forgetting Experience?  I said the first two...I'm confused....maybe cos it's Friday.

*adds Kasabian to list of possibilities*

I am confused now.ExperienceFat Of The LandMusic For The Jilted GenerationAlways OutnumberedWhatever the new one is called5 albums?

ExperienceMusic for the Jilted GenerationThe Fat of the LandAlways Outnumbered, Never OutgunnedInvaders Must DieandTheir Law (a collection of singles from 1990 - 2005)

I used to have experience on tape as a very rough demo so never think of it as an album.

Senior Member Stephanos Wephanos's Avatar
    Fat of the land and Jilted Generation were rather fine...However I'm a bit stuck, everything just seems same old same old. Or mayeb I'm just getting old.