Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hopeless

Bought a set of Hope Hoops.  Rear wheel arrived in a box that had been torn open.  Perhaps Royal Mail postie wanted to see if anything was worth nicking.Anyway.   Rear wheel is damaged.   Twats.  Buy British?  Fuck you Hope.

Those handbuilts from your LBS are looking like a good option now

Rear wheel arrived in a box that had been torn open+Buy British?  Fuck you Hope. Not possibly damaged by our totally honest and not in any way workshy post force?

Davidian wrote (see)Rear wheel arrived in a box that had been torn open+Buy British?  Fuck you Hope. Not possibly damaged by our totally honest and not in any way workshy post force?As an ex postie I'd have to say that it's more than likely

Mike Spence wrote (see)Davidian wrote (see)Rear wheel arrived in a box that had been torn open+Buy British?  Fuck you Hope. Not possibly damaged by our totally honest and not in any way workshy post force?As an ex postie I'd have to say that it's more than likely Was probably a postie mtb'er that's sick of listening to the sound of 1950's football rattles on the trails 

Get a King, zip zip zip.

Wankers.

Tell us something new DK.

There are Pine Martens in North Yorkshire.

Are they like Doc Martens but smaller?

Bigger!!

When in business I sent hundreds of parcels a year and didn't even bother with recorded delivery on most. They all arrived safely AFAIK in that I never had a customer complaint with one exception: a present sent to family in the UK. I did the Christmas post with the post office a couple of times in the late 70s and the posties I worked with were an honest bunch. That said a friend's postie brother did time for nicking credit cards and intercepting the pin numbers then selling them on.

How is it Hope's fault that a wheel was damaged in transit?

Did you buy them direct from hope?Did you sign the posties sheet/PDA dammaged?  ring hope and talk to them they are usually VERY good 

Dirty Karlos wrote (see)There are Pine Martens in North Yorkshire.And Kent.Mike Davis wrote (see)How is it Hope's fault that a wheel was damaged in transit?Because it wasn't packed in an armoured case &/or hand delivered by a naked virgin riding a unicorn?

Nobby wrote (see)Dirty Karlos wrote (see)There are Pine Martens in North Yorkshire.And Kent.They're not pine martens, they're hedgehogs.

Nobby wrote (see)Dirty Karlos wrote (see)There are Pine Martens in North Yorkshire.And Kent.Mike Davis wrote (see)How is it Hope's fault that a wheel was damaged in transit?Because it wasn't packed in an armoured case &/or hand delivered by a naked virgin riding a unicorn?I have a lot of hope wheels if they were!

I think his postie read the thread about LBS wheel builds and dropped by the LBS on the way to Garth's gaff so that LBS could jump on the wheel.

How is it Hope's fault that a wheel was damaged in transit?Exactly what I was thinking!

Dirty Karlos wrote (see)Nobby wrote (see)Dirty Karlos wrote (see)There are Pine Martens in North Yorkshire.And Kent.They're not pine martens, they're hedgehogs.They escaped from Wildwood apparently.