Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
    ... not really Nick. I actually feel sorry for himbtw if anyone else who's awaiting refunds needs any info re addresses, phone numers, bank accounts etc then get in contact..

No, it does. If you feel sorry for him then he has £3000 and your pity, he's getting better off by the minute!

He's not got that much from people Nick... I'm not defending him at all and I firmly believe that those owed money (including the guy who got  a refund from his credit card) should be dragging him throught the courts. However, for the sake of a net £40 or so I haven't got the time nor energy tbh..

That's fair enough, just don't give him any sympathy!

Thank God he's not a photographer too.  

Or is he

He's a crooksimples

I know its been a while, but just happened across and update.

IWH, Insert Whit Here, Also known as Hamish Anderson, or Hamish Anderson Lee, or now Alex Oates, appears to be all the same person, see
    http://velocentricalex.blogspot.co.uk/
    and now appears to be running something called Velocentric near Oxford, his old home town.

That blog's about 2 1/2 years old??

yeagh i know, but a looked at the tweets from him and its all active, seems to be based in my area.
    I think the guy spent his time going between the states and here in the UK, he ripped some of the BM guys out of money for a weekend away trip, and took quite alot of peoples money from Singletrack. he was great online, planned to try and open a UK inside trail centre in a massive warehouse, like some they have in the US, then he kind of went really quiet and there was alot came out of the woodwork with police investigations and using different names.
    The fact that i know he used to live in Oxford, i use to go to a bike shop he worked in, and i almost got him to get me a Surley from the states when he was there, but glad i did not because i do not think for one moment i would have got the frame now.
    On singletrack the thread is over 3000 posts about this guy. and it all was happening in 2009.
    was looking as i was looking at some Ebay listings and a name seemed familiar, turned out not to be this guy but then i found out he is basiaclly somewhere within a few miles of me.

Dan was one of his victims - not sure it ever got resolved.

He tried grooming me in Plymouth - said he had the keys / knew the right folk at Newnham and could ride the courses.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    Dan was one of his victims - not sure it ever got resolved.

The cnut still owes me about 50 I think. Blimey, reading all that back was er emotional!

it really was a bit of a storm at the time, i had planned on getting him to buy a surley from the US for me. lots of PMs on the subject.