Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nothing to add, really. 

No, I will just highlight this for some of the 'cyclists' who have recently been castigating people, actually out on their bikes, for having the temerity to get in their way while they're driving: A third more men than women die on the roads, but when women are killed it is most likely to be by HGVs. Transport for London (TfL), which has responsibility for the capital’s roads, concluded that this is because women cyclists are law-abiding. They are less likely than men to jump the lights or cycle aggressively to get ahead of lorries.

You have to make your presence felt. If that means pissing drivers off then so be it  - at least they know where you are.Awful story that.  I would strongly advise any cyclist to join the CTC or British Cycling for the insurance cover and legal back-up they provide to members.

Nothing surprises me with this countrys joke of a justice system.As for getting more people to drive safely,what chance does anybody stand? You get a custodial sentence if you are involved in a road rage incident and get violent,kill someone in your vehicle and get nothing more than a slap on the hand.

It's all very sad, but we have to do our bit to be taken seriously.  Obey the Highway Code,  ride defensively, use lights when needed (that means fog as well as in the dark) and my personal bugbear iPods!"The driver of a lorry that killed a young woman cycling near King’s Cross last year was held not guilty because the cyclist had been listening to an iPod." Also note that the driver in the main story was charged with 'driving without due care and attention', which is entirely correct IMO. 

The cyclist could easily have been deaf and the accident would still have happened.Someone listening to an ipod on a bike shouldn't diminish one's responsibility of safety to other road users,the lorry driver had a pair of eyes and as the article says other road users tried to signal to him what was going on without any effect.

A deaf person would be much more aware of what was going on around them. Maybe the lorry driver had his radio on very loud?  See what I'm doing there

That's why I cycle on the path.Only when I'm in our industrial estate do I cycle on the road.

Sadly another death, at a left turn, round here the council has put extended red cyclists boxes in front of the stop line a t lights, sadly motorists are now stoppingin this box, or pulling right up to the curb to stop you getting in front, also why do motorists turning left only indicate when about to move off at the light and turn left.Dont like winking in public.

Most of the time I ride my bike through city traffic as if I was in a car this does Piss Off some drivers who need to prove how good they are at driving by overtaking a cyclist. If they do get to close and threaten your safety you can usualy catch them up at the next junction and point out the error of their ways.A realy good trick if they wind their window down is to grab their ignition keys and ride off, what you do with them then is up to you a few suggestionswang emwang em into the back of a passing truckdrop them at the feet of nearest copper, could be some miles later.

Why do these threads always suffer from some macho BS postings?

Then you'd get done for stealing.

Sadly we all make mistakes in our riding and driving, except Mr Spencer,it youre seriously cut up, report it to the police, if not either just be glad you survived, or a quick quirt of ribena from a bottle has a lasting effect,especially if s gone off a bit.

LOL, I make plenty of mistakes SB.  I've found out though that there's no point in retaliating, it will only result in you getting stressed out.

Mr Spencer have you never ever retaliated to any thing in your life, oh apart from postings on BM where you know you are unlikely to meet the person face to face ?

Read my post again

Ok So didn't it make you pleased ? With a good retaliaiton One I've always fancied doing, if I had the skills, is riding over the offeners car

Mr Spencer have you never ever retaliated to any thing in your life, oh apart from postings on BM where you know you are unlikely to meet the person face to face ? Iceman,To stick up for Mike spence, ive met him and hes met Dylan his alter ego, and they got on fine, retaliation is good if you dont get caught and the retribution is equal to the upset caused to you, but like he said dont get stressed out, get even.Wasnt Iceman the gay freind of the pilot in Top Gun, or am i mistaken, or are you the chap who supplies the ice bullets for our pet assasin

Wonder how long he'll stick with the Ice(gay)man thing?

until his hard outer shell melts into a quivering jelly.