Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I had the misfortune of seing my mother last night, and everytime she spoke to me she was calling me Ding. I got Ding from the junior school many years ago and it's stuck with me. Almost everyone i know calls me it, apart from my inlaws. Most of my family call me it, mother father the lot. So i got thinking why you lot use your names? Are they your nicknames in 'real life' or just something made up for the forum? If thier your nicknames, how did you get them? I couldnt say Dinner in school so some how they came up with Dinger, then started calling me Ding, and the rest as they say is history 

Who's Ding?

Just some useless arsehole Mike

Yeah, my friends, family and relatives have always called me Dan..

I now use my real name on here after a thing about hiding behind a alias many moons ago.I used to use the name Bloater, which i picked up at school in an English lesson when some of my mates were flicking through a dictionary and saw bloater and decided it fitted me so it stuck.

Mike to everyone, Ayles (surname) to my mates

Jules to everyone, Julian if i'm in the shit....the assholes at school used to call me tarquin... though i  can't see the corelation myself, bunch of fucking retards!!!

I use Clocky as it was my great great grandfathers nickname as he was a clock repairer, which I am too. My uncle started calling it me and I thought it was better than my old forum name, which was only temporary, as I can't use my real name 'cos it won't let me because it is already in use.

I've got lots of ambition to do extreme stuff of the beaten track, but the reality of not being good enough or able to do it without ending up in hospital is always on the back of my mind.Hence the moto - reality before ambition!

Fat is where its at! Just some sarcastic forum pen name I conjured up out of the blue.I'm quite slim really.

Steve usually, Stephen on official documents or if I'm in trouble, not that I am normally in trouble!

Paul by name, Paul by forum.  Online gaming my tag is nutsnut, dont know why.

Been known to most as Nobby for 30 years so no point in fighting it

always been jeff seeings as its my name, born 2 months after the world cup in `66 but with a different spelling to mr hurst although my folks still deny it to this day im sure thats who im named after

I don't really have a nickname but;RockShoX tis where I got my forum name from!

Not A Salmon or Salmon or now more commonly NAS (Cheers Coll, I may change to that on here). The reason? I was trying to think of a forum name, and was eating a Kit Kat, which had "Remember you are not a salmon" on the side. I just figured that would do. I used to be Hot Ice on some older forums, and I'm not sure where that came from, but I always had to explain what an oxymoron was to people, so got bored of it.As for nicknames I have a few at work: Mr Muscle, or Muscles; Philis; Baldrick. Or when I have a beard (sometimes I do, sometimes I don't): Cat Stevens; Abe Lincoln; Fidel Castro, and many more that I can't remember now.I'm not sure any of the nicknames I have are in any way flattering, but you don't get to choose them yourself so you are at the mercy of your friends and colleagues.Normally I'm just known as Phil,  which suits me fine.

On this forum I'm plain old Martin Downey (a cry-back to the nineties).In hashing circles I'm known as Irish Spew (although my tour-name is 'The Boy Chunder')My friends call me Murtand my evil alter-ego is Murtster.

Hungry monkey 'now with custom graphics'
    'hungry monkey' and 'starvin marvin' were names for me when i was a baby as i used to eat a lot. still do 'now with custom graphics' was because i was excited that i got custom graphics for my forks. i suppose i should change it soon. 

4AssedMonkey is my real name.  I killed both my parents with a cricket bat when I was 9.

Had a few other names on here but for one thing or another I changed to this.Surname begins with Mc,work mates used to call me Mac & I'd just bought a Maxlight frame at the time so I became macslight.It'll do for now till I can find something I like to go with Trance......