Anyone got one? Can't find one on their site!

Just off the phone to Paypal. The sickening thing is it looks like this could be someone I work with!I sold a Float 36 at the weekend on ebay. My seller account said the item had been paid for through paypal but I could see no record of it in my paypal account overview.When I came into work today I decided to check my paypal account again. My computer has the auto complete function enabled. When I double clicked the "my email" box an email I don't recognise came up.When I spoke to paypal they said that the payment for the fork had actually been sent to this other email address. They also said the only way that email could be on my pc on autocomplete was if someone was actually sitting at my computer typing it in. It doesn't come up on auto complete at home.

If there's a fraud they'll be able to provide the name and bank account the money was withdrawn to won't they?

so someone from work has diverted payment to their account by accessing your account from your work terminal?

They won't give me those details Kato. I asked them to confirm if the account was registered in NI but they wouldn't tell me.Looks like it Mr Khommeni. I am hesitiating about contacting the police as I don't want to cause a hit storm when the boss is off!

Have a look in your browser history at work and see if paypal was accessed when you were not there.

Senior Member MLR                                                                                             's Avatar
    Another good reason not to use work, internet pc's etc for online banking and buying stuff.Because you don't know what software could have been put on that machine to watch what you're doing. Somone in our IT got sacked for using such software for personal gain.

Starsky.What's your works policy on Internet usage as some company's won't allow it and if you raise a complaint you may find yourself on the wrong end of a disciplinary.If no policy then good luck!  

Dan(AKA Defender-Dylan is my Idol)
    Thats bad news Starsky, makes me hesitant to use ebay on this PC nowHope it sorts out ok for you

TBH I was shocked at how blase Paypal were about it. Just told me to change my log in details, buy Mc Afee and contact the buyer.

Aye, Paypal and eBay won't give a fuck mate. Get the Police involved and then they'll have to hand over those details

Surprisingly, the buyer doesn't seem too bothered either!I've sent him a couple of emails this morning explaining what has happened and saying I won't be posting the Float 36.He has an Ebay shop so I assume he's on ebay regularly. Hasn't responded.I'm off to PC world for Mc Afee internet security suite tonight!

I would suspect an external on-line attack rather than a colleague.

I had a bit of a run-in with eBay and PayPal when something I'd bought from eBay arrived broken.  I know this is quite different to your case but in end I only got my money back via the Small Claims Court.  I was surprised that neither eBay, PayPay or the vendor seemed in the slightest bit bothered and I've not used eBay since.

have a look at www.saynoto0870.co.ukebay, phone numbers0208 605 30000208 605 030280208 605 3111every little helps.

odds on ebay/paypal having a financial interest in mcafee hence why they reccomended it.dont send the forks until youve found the money.if ebay/paypal arnt being helpful then get the police envolved.  

ebay own paypal.

and have moved there financial operation to luxembourg (or are going to) to avoid local legislations.