Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BBC News

we're all nutters aparently!piece had steve peat and tracy moseley in it...it wasn't very thorough, but it was nice to see mtb'ers achievements recognised!

They also said that the BBC will screen the world cup live later this year .

Bout time we made some noise.Roadies have had too much fame to take drugs.Why cant we get away with it!!

where is this fabled article Mike?

how about this for the world's ligtest mtb (see 2nd story on right - cant seem to link direct to the video???)shame about the old codger who owns it - should be in the hands of someone who might race it surely?

t'was on tv, matt

That is fairly light but check this outhttp://weightweenies.starbike.com/articles.php?ID=94

Did they explain how, demographically speaking, the average 'nutter' mountain biker is a professional male in his 30s holding down a middle class job?

We are all nutters" because we actually have the balls and experience to ride mountain bikes fast, I don't give a shit what other people think, they're all fannies."

Tthew. Riding to the pub tonight.
    Yes, I saw that. The reporter nearly fell off riding across what appeared to be a slightly damp piece of track, then it was followed up by Tommy Walsh regaling the viewer with his experience of mountain biking, with that fat female politician with the crap hair who's name escapes me. No not Mo Mowlem, the other one. Not sure it did much to further the sport. If you want to see it, as it was on New 24 you will be able to catch it every 15 minutes for the rest of the day.

Hungry monkey 'now with custom graphics'
    seen that vid before, but i love the line 'your bike is lighter annie, because your a girl'class.

Why is it that moutaining biking a sport that is not only bloody good fun but great to watch so f#*!king neglected by the media. Steve peat and tracy moseley are champs and do great for there country along with a lot of other british riders.2 Mins of coverage what b#*?cks.

I'd contend that the current breed of mountain biker is generally an 'anti-nutter' - body armour, full face helmets, 6 travel bikes to take out the sting, waymarked trails actually designed to be ridden by bikes, with little exposure and no chance of getting lost. It's all about risk aversion, preserving an illusion of danger. Nutter lite."

Why is it that moutaining biking a sport that is not only bloody good fun but great to watch so f#*!king neglected by the media. Steve peat and tracy moseley are champs and do great for there country along with a lot of other british riders.2 Mins of coverage what b#*?cks."I know! If it was football they'd have a fcuking essay written about it and a half hour exclusive including hooligans. Utter shite."

have been watching news 24 for last two hours and still not seen it.

Football are national sport and were crap at it! Has for cricket and rugby dont even get me started. Sod the bloody narrow minded media im of to rail some berms.

Nutter Lite" made me chuckle - you'd better register that one quick Monty.Football are national sport and were crap at it! That's not all we're crap at, is it?"

TimmyA come on give us a clue. Like i need one!

I'm crap at every sport except MTB and I plan to stick that way, no-one is forcing me down this we do this so you've got to do this" road no way! We're all sheepish."

Football is our national sport and we're crap at it!