Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boston - one of the true great 70's rock & roll bands.

Genius!

never heard of him

Heard the song More than a feeling"?Think beer commercial - budwiser I think."

nope,still none the wiser

I woke up this morning and the sun was gone, I turned on some music to start my day. I dreamed of a girl I used to know, I closed my eyes and she.. slipped awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Sad news. For DING

Correct me if I've got the wrong band but I thought he put the whole album together in his garage solo and only formed the band to cash in on the success when the album sales went balistic. That's bought back memories of some great nights out and some delightful dancing partners. I still play it but my son thinks the quitar riffs a bit old hat compared with Mattrach's NEW Canon.

I've not a clue, John, but this is from the official Boston website:'The recording history of Boston's debut is complicated and, for a long time, rathermysterious. Despite Scholz's lyrics to Rock and Roll Band" - acharming bit of group self-mythology which suggested Boston was your gardenvariety bar band situation - it now appears that recording-wise, the band was in some waysmore of a two-man show, combining the musical ingenuity of Tom Scholz, thegroup's main songwriter, and the vocal gifts of Brad Delp, Boston'ssolitary singer.''"From the beginning, being a garage band wouldhave been such a step for us - we hadn't even made it that far," Scholz adds."We didn't even have a garage and weren't really a band.We were two guys who in their spare time wrote songs and recordedthem in this homemade studio in a basement with a littlehelp from our friends. That went on for six years, financedout of my pocket, until I was basically going broke and aboutto stop. Then finally, we struck it rich in a lucky last-minuteway. All of a sudden these doors we'd been knocking onopened and three major labels became interested at once."'"

Jesus Christ, next thing you losers'll be getting misty eyed over Foreigner and Toto! Did you learn NOTHING from the NWOBHM....?!?!

Did you learn NOTHING from the NWOBHM....?!?!yes...how to ROCK!!!

PS, Foreigner, Boston and Toto were all American.

Exactly! That was the problem...God how I hated all that over produced US pomp rock. The NWOBHM was a breath of fresh air; I had Issue #1 of 'Kerrang!', the one with Angus going nuts on the cover - bet that'd be worth a few bob now.

Ah I see what you did there, I read it as NWOBHM sucked!Back of last year saw both Slayer and Iron Maiden, they simply kicked so many of the younger support bands arses. Apart from maybe Lamb Of God who were Impressive to say the least.ebay Kerrang #1 (worth watching?)

Did you learn NOTHING from the NWOBHM"Nope. #hums a catchy little euro-pop ditty#"

Zum beispiel. Sie ist schön, nicht wahr? Oder.........almost worth a 'would you' thread.

Or a greek cypriot goth singing in French. And no I wouldn't.........

What have New Kids On The Block got to do with it.....aaaahhhh sorry NWOBHM not NKOTB

Brad Delp was the singer John. Tom Scholz is the electronic genius who played about every single musical instrument on some of the records and also invented the rockman amplifier.And Monty - give the guys credit, no manufactured pop pap like we get today. Boston hold the record (or did anyway) for the biggest selling debut album in America of 17m plus. They should appeal to the vast majority of liberal minded BM forum tree hugging readers anyway as the group supports a variety of PC causes (my only complaint against them!!)

So it was Scholz rather than Delp, ta.