Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    If many of the following apply to you, then you're probably from Devon...you've bought stationery at Trago Millsyou think Exeter's a big cityyou can tell sheep from goatsand straw from hay (obviously!)you once went to Totnes for the day and returned three weeks later, veryhappy, but with no idea whyyou think London's 'up north'you know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows JossStonethe smell of cow shit makes you feel at homeeverywhere else in the UK feels coldyou have a friend who lives on a farmyou live on a farmyou know and love Massey Fergusonyou learnt to drive in a field or on a beachyou live in a cottageyour home has a thatched roofyou've been stuck behind a stupid tourist on a country laneyou saw the total eclipse in '99your local newspaper's lead story is 'cow falls off bridge'you turned to drink, drugs or heavy metal at an early ageyou know the best sledging to be had is at Haytor... your friends say you sound like a farmeryou have nothing to do after 5:30pmyou think pink wellies are a fashion statementyou know 'Cornish' pasties are actually from Devonyou've boiled / frozen / been washed away during Ten Torsyou know how to walk over a cattle gridyou want to know who came up with 'take moor care'you know all about 'letterboxing' (but wish you didn't)... you watch 'Spotlight' (and know Teresa Driscoll, Justin Leigh, RusselLabey, Craig Rich and the gang )you've been pony trekking

'2ft and choppy on the North coast' makes total sense to youyou think nothing of grass growing in the middle of the roadyour town is 'the gem of south Devon' or 'the English Riviera' despiteoverwhelming evidence to the contraryyou think a barn dance is a wild night outuntil you went on holiday, the tallest building you had ever seen wasDebenhams in Exeteryou've reversed for 3 miles when you met a stubborn tourist on a countrylaneit takes you 4 times longer to drive anywhere between May and Septemberyou carry an umbrella everywhere even when it's 35 degrees (because itWILL start to hail randomly)you're a closet fan of The Wurzelsyour second cousin is also your sister's stepmotheryour neighbours' average age is 76your best friend goes joyriding in tractorsyour parents regularly thanked God for Crealy Country Park and Woodlandsyour teachers regularly thanked God for Paignton Zoo, Buckfast Abbey,Morwellham Quay and the legendary House of Marbles... you can't stand the grockles, despite living off their moneyyou thought it was normal for more than 50% of your high street's shopsto be operated by charitieseveryone you meet has been on holiday to your home town - no wonder it'sso busy in summeryou spent your entire childhood wanting to leave the place, yet now thatyou have, you cry yourself to sleep then dream of rolling green hills andlong, sandy beachesyou used to look through your physical geography textbook because youknew half of the places in thereyou know that 'the Launa man can'your most thrilling childhood experience was the Death slide atWoodlands / Crealy / The Devonshire Horse Centrebefore Freeview, you didn't believe the rumours about a '5th televisionchannel'you don't yet have Freeview - what 5th channel?you found out about Plymouth Hoe / Westward Ho! before you realised thename could be entertainingyour local shop sells clotted cream fudge and bucket/spade packs, butnot newspapersyour local publican (who has sideburns and red face) is a member ofCAMRA, & thinks a 'gastropub' is some kind of medical complication (heserves peanuts & crisps)you don't understand why a cinema would need more than two screenssomeone once ran past you clutching a burning barrel of taryour birthday was read out by a rabbit called Honeybun, Gus Honeybunyou use the 'fast and close' method for passing cars on country lanes -passing places are for grockles!you can tell animals apart by their crap

Brazilian FLaP
    A lot of those apply if you are from Wales as well y'know!

Brilliant! Less of the tourist" and more "grockle"!"

Oh the joy of winding down you window and telling some muppet in an MPV to put his fucking car in the fucking hedge...but it will scratch the paint...welcome to devon mate.

I am from Devon but i don't think any of those apply to me. For instance: you have nothing to do after 5:30pmI don't finish work until gone 6pm and even then i still have work to do when i get home.I also don't think London is 'up north', it's slightly to the right as well :-)Buckfast Abbey - I used to work there...Tourists - fucking hate 'em, they clog up the placeCow shit - love the smell, hate the taste :-)Going home next Thursday for a long weekend, I can't wait!!! woohoo!!!

We were back in Nabbot the other weekend...oh how I miss the Cider bar

lol. where you pull all that from bhb? madness

facebook it looks like.....

Yeah the girlfriend -born and raised in the bay- emailed it to me, taken from facebook.

where are you from BHB?

Me I'm from up north but lived in Devon for years and now I'm in welshland

bit of a gypsie then bhb

Cornwall got a total eclipse,devon didn't quite manage a total eclipse did it ?And cornish pasties,ARE cornish !!!

no,cornish pasties are fecking horrible!

I am a gypsy I've lived in Liverpool, Sheffield, Jersey, Plymouth, Exeter and now Cardiff.Yeah we did, Whitsand bay, 1ft slop and cloudy as hell only saw a fraction of it through the clouds...should have stayed on the Hoe they had the massive stella artois outdoor cinema showing the thing above the clouds.

August 11th Path of eclipse

Have you been reading my diary BHB.....

scraped in there BHB.I just remember the BBC and all chose cornwall for there coverage . Shame the weather was cloudy !!

Should I have been?