Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    mr tony big ear blair is to email the 1.5 million that signed the road charging petition. i wonder if he write each one indivitually himself. lol. here? bet it still comes into force

It will and it should. I am in favour of it. We need to get the 80% of people who dont need to be on the road off it.Get a bike, leave the car at home, get fit, live a better life and save money.People take cars for granted and cause havoc for the poeple who need to use them.It's a shame it's going to lead to this, but if they dont do something along these lines, it's only going to get worse.

We need to get the 80% of people who dont need to be on the road off it.Where has that figure come from?

And wheres all the tax generated from cars going to come from Wayne - your back pocket, my back pocket? Certainly won't be from Mr Blair & his chums.

if everone give up thier cars and started riding bikes,the twats would probably want us to tax our bikes etc. im sure i read somewhere last year that someone wants all mountain bikes etc to be registered on a database,and a yearly type M.O.T. lol

Bikes registered on a database? - that'll screw your little side business up Ding!Got a seller for Mikes bike yet? LOL

Ye're right - if its not cars it'll just be something else. As long as these clowns get their expenses, high wages and gold pension pots who cares about the rest of us?

lol. aint got no side business. ;0) still got mikes bike if you want it? going cheap as chips. i did read it somewhere but cant think where? i'll google it now

80% is just my guess (obviously). But dont you find people take the piss with their cars, when they really could walk or cycle.I live in a medium sized village and the most amount of time it would take anyone to walk form either side of it to the shops or school is 10 mins. Yet the amount of people who do it in their car is shocking.Rush hour used to be 8 - 9 am and 4 - 5 pm. Now it's all day!My personal view is that too many cars are on the road and I see it as a way of making people think twice about using a car, even tho it probably cost us more money than we are already paying.

i know what you mean wayne. i live right opposite a school thats only a 2minute walk away,and i've seen people that live in my street or the street behind etc take thier cars. its madness. cant believe how lazy some people are

I agree Wayne, there are many people who make unnecessarily journeys in the car. But I don't see any realist improvement in the situation until the public transport network is greatly improved. Maybe then some people will have a viable alternative.

the thing is, only 1.5 million people signed this petition, so does this mean that the other 61.5 million uk residents secretly agree it should happen?

Or the other 61.5 think this petition is like many other petitions and unlikely to make any difference?

how many people have got computers and knew about this petition? i didnt know anything about it,untill i came across it on aol. i think if more people knew about it,more of them would have signed it. and whats the point anyway,it'll happen no matter how many sign it,imo

Rush hour used to be 8 - 9 am and 4 - 5 pm. Now it's all day![i/]Too right,remember yeara ago when Sunday used to be dead all day?Now its as bad as if not worse than rush hour in the week.As for congestion charging it in itself won't reduce congestion or pollution,people will still be able to drive.To stop pollution/global warming we need to stop doing what causes it.If everyone decides to drive at once then what good has the congestion charge done for the environment?None,and any revenue will probably be spent or wasted on non environmental issues.And if everyone was priced off the road by the CC then HM Govt loses revenue generated by motoring,meaning something else will have to be taxed to cover the shortfall.If Tony Blair wants the CC he'll have it regardless of 1.5million signing the petition,millions protesting about invading Iraq didn't stop him, did it?

Isn't 1.5Mil, more than the total votes last election ??Doubt it'll matter sadly, thankfully I don't have to drive at those times, but they don't realise some people have no option.Wayne, using my 80% number, it's a good number and most things in life and around the 80% or 20% mark so it's perfect.

I was going to ask Wayne if he'd been using your 'dylaniser' for producing statistics;-)

you'd be surprised how many things in life are 20% or 80% seriously.

You think so?So, are you 20 or 80% gay?

Malcolm Cogglewit
    THE SKY IS FALLING !Stupid lefty greens, we seem to think the world is ending and its all our fault, because we like to drive cars and otherwise enjoy ourselves.This tax is more about the imposition of a new morality, its been tried before with the Poll Tax. Now that led to riots by dumb anti-government lefties, which the government gave in to, the twits.But a further tax on us that really hurt might just spark a real revolution, and its not the urban kids with a few pistols that are the real threat.