Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The `Moth Man commeth !
    For the last 3/52 or so I`ve been working in Lancaster City about 1 hrs drive from where I live.It`s `small` by most City standards and has a large campus style Uni on the Southern outskirts.The main thing I have noticed when in and around the City Centre is the huge amount of people who wander around plugged into various forms of MP3 players/phones.The effect this seems to have on most of them is that they are lost in their own private `world` to the exclusion of all else around them.I should point out that I include the excessive use and wearing of `Bluetooth` headsets in this.Are we in danger of creating a society in which we are LESS conected with those around us?Do we only feel we can communicate now via Email or text as it `protects us` from reality?Are we `scared` that someone we don`t know might actually talk to us?What do you think?MM.

Why don't you conduct a survey on the streets? Posting your comments and questions here seems at odds with the point of your post

The `Moth Man commeth !
    Yes MS, it is done with a degree of irony ! ;p

Hence the at the end of my post, we can all do irony.

The `Moth Man commeth !
    Irony is good....But even better when someone does it for you :0

i new a german chap that lived in lancaster, you could tell his house because it was the only one in the street with an uncut lawn. don't think anyone in lancaster spoke to him either.

That's what women are for.

talking to germans ?

The `Moth Man commeth !
    Mowing the lawn?

What do you think?

you could tell his house because it was the only one in the street with an uncut lawnWTF has that got to do with ANYTHING?
    Norbert Dangerousangle

lol

The `Moth Man commeth !
    Ironing?

Saint Mike! :-)
    i don't know what's wrong with me, i don't care to know either, but i can't be around people unless i'm with a friend, or have music on. i get so nervous in my college's student centre i have twitches...i find blanking out some of that noise really helps. i realise i'm not the greatest of contributors to this topic, but music at least gives me the confidence to go into public places

to much weed by the sounds of it. lol

The `Moth Man commeth !
    Perhaps that`s it SM, we are all starting to feel increasing uneasyness and anxiety about interacting with others(?).Personal MP3s and the like CAN be helpful as a kind of Armor against real life.BUt... what happens if we all do it ?!?

Saint Mike! :-)
    you don't know me at all :-Pone of the reasons i shy away from people is because they're druggies, one of my first threads on bm was about my distaste of recreational drugs

i dont think anymore about it than shall i take my ipod or not im talkative and sociable with or wth out the mp3 player

i agree, i hate drugs myself, but my two brothers and mates use, and they sound the same as those mentioned in this thread.

penmachno is a pretty good recreational drug