Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Do any IT bods out there know of a free source for data on tinternet, Ideally name and address info ? Its for a demo I need to do next week, but obviously cant use existing customers data

I want more Dogheads.

Topov
    Dits blidaxaupp vethol bungols :-)

can't you make it up if it's for a demo?

Errr...your question doesn't make sense. Data is just stuff but whatever it's stored in defines it so you can't just import data if it's the wrong format. Just make up a load of rubbish - it's what every one does when they need to demo some kit.

Topov
    Yeh, you thick or summat?

eerr Does make sense, not sure your comment does.I need name and address's. I would then format the data to suit the app. And I need hundreds and hundreds of records so dont really want to make it up

Topov
    More doghead videos please.

BogeyHead, Bobhead going on this coming weekend. TurkHead<object width=425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eTms_Wh5aeE"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eTms_Wh5aeE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350"></embed></object>"

Shite, knew that would not work,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwZbjyVtmV8

Oh, but whatever you do, don't use 'comedy' names - I've seen this go horribly, horribly wrong in front of important clients!!

Too right, Used a testing db once, W@nkpot was one of the user names ! Client not at all impressed.

Names and addresses are not easy to come by because they are protected by data laws. There are data generators (Google for 'test data') but the companies that provide this service will charge, although I'm not sure how much, I suspect it won't be cheap.

Errr nothing to fit that Bob, it's got that info in, but private ofcourse, and well thats only the tip of what it does.So you just need a basic web based, customer database ??Can't you write your own ??What language ( I use VB2003 and 2005.net )

Its all in Delphi, the app and db are all done, Just need some names and address to populate it.

I have got access to sample data from another company, thats got enough of that in it.I'll think on it, and IF I can find it get it over to you, Access Datebase okay ??

Perfect Dylan !Thanks

I'll just randomly jumble up the first and last names and addresses so it's all meaningless but looks real. ( and scramble phone numbers )

I would suggest just making a random name and address generator?ten possible firstname, sirname, house number, street name, road type etc.and just write a little app that mixes them up and outputs as many as you want in the format you want.or is this just a typical programmer's response?

I've got just over 1000+ records in a data base, I'll have to jumble them up for data protection purposes, but thats not a issue.I'll just move the names, to different addresses, it'll make it worthless data but great for testing.Sound okay ?? or do you need more ?? can possibly pull in more from other databases ??