Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    It seems that Tour winner Landis has produced a positive test after stage 17 , I think ,of the Tour , if the B sample comes back positive he , the tour and cycling in general are in the shit .

it could be worse he could live in Lebanon
    Kiss his arse

He's been allowed certain drugs though for his hip problem, he's been cycling in pain for the last three years.

Yes but this sounds like something he shouldn't have been taking . I hope he comes out clean , I thought he was awesome and the only rider who deserved to win , trouble is whenever I see somebody do a great ride these days my admiration is tempered by the fact that I wonder if they had a little help .

Alan .......BSD, INT and ISD 'ret'
    where'd you hear it?Be good to read the story

BBC

More here

LOL, hes also disappeared.

Alan .......BSD, INT and ISD 'ret'
    Hope it's a mistake but I was a little surprised how well he rode that day, whilst constantly dousing himself in water, having been dead on his bike 24 hours earlier

mtbm
    i hope its bollox aswell, but it rarely is

It doesn't really surprise me very much.It's pretty obvious that doping is still very much a part of pro cycling. I think it's sort of a cultural thing. It's always gone on, even back to the earliest days of racing when they liked a bit of cocaine and brandy to keep them going. Unfortunately they don't seem to be able to kick the habit. Cycling's image is in a bad enough state as it is and yet another scandal won't help keep sponsors in the sport.There's not many riders or teams riding these days that I can think of who I don't wonder about. You don't have to name too many people to get from a rider to someone with a big question mark over. Having said that though, testosterone is a bit of a funny one to come up. Some riders have got off the hook before by claiming that they have naturally high levels of testosterone. I think you have to have a medical certificate though.

Funny, pro hormone supplements like 1-testosterone are available over the counter in the US, and the benefits are minimal unless you're building muscle, what a silly thing to get caught on.

i was very surprised when i read that. I seriously hope its a mistake.....else pro-cyclists will be a laughing stock...

aren't they already? surely the spanish police saw to that.

Typical roadies. What else do you expect from them?

*slopes off to toke on crack pipe*

All roadies are elitist wankers anyway, what else do you expect.

aren't they already? surely the spanish police saw to that".Surely it's the athletes who have been cheating who saw to that. The Spanish police are just the one's who caught the cheating stiffback fookers out I was happy that Landis had won the tour. Now I'll also be happy if he get's a life time ban as should all cheats. It's about time that cycling cleaned up it's act once and for all. Pussyfooting around the problem hasn't helped. It's just made the sport look like a joke. Caught cheating = Lifetime ban from cycling.Assistance in cheating = Lifetime ban from working in any sport."

Steve Leighton
    All roadies are elitist wankers anyway..."Hmm, it's offical, I'm a wanker.But hang on, I also ride hardtail and own a full sus....Now for the serious stuff.Bit suspicious the way he came back, but wrote it off to a man fired up. The fact that it has gone public suggests that is curtains. "

LOL, dont take it too seriously mate but roadying is poo like :-)