Thread: Did you know

Cyclists must not ride on pavements ie footways, although children up to the age of ten can do so."Well, i never knew that ... time to stop punching 7yr old in the back of the head then ...... shame "

You can still do that. Just not when they are on their bikes!

Ahhhhh thank f*** for that, ive been looking forward to it all winter

DefenderDan
    .......as if the Feds would enforce that.....i mean can you imagine them stopping a 9yr old on the pavement and taking them down the cells

They wouldn't stop a 9yr old, cos hes allowed to ride on the pavement, but anyone older could be issued with an on the spot fine by the police of community warden.

DefenderDan
    LOL......my mistake slip of the fingers, i would like to see someone issue an 11yr old here with a fine......

Hungry monkey 'looks icelandic'
    thought it was 14...still, my mum is too old, but she never gets stopped!

in west germany back in, er, the dark ages, or maybe just 1982.......you had to ride on the pavement till you reached secondary school age then you had to go take a cycle proficiency test to be allowed onto the road!!! sort of a CBT for cyclists.bad enough that when living in zimbabwe back in 1984-86 we had to have the BB bracket stamped with a serial number relating to tax codes, since there was a $10 zimbabwe dollar a year charge for cyclists!