Page 66 of 76 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1508

Thread: Top Gear's back

BBC shamed?  What a crock of shite.  I watched that Torchwood once, someone will be telling me that is not real soon.

"Top Gear prides itself on making silly films that don't pretend to represent real life." Says it all really

I enjoyed the fact that they'd built something in as serious a manner as a dirigible caravan could be. And the rusting pile of scrap/Lancia Beta sight gag did make me laugh Clearly Mail readers would need to be told.

Some people are now convinced that the Stig is actually Michael Schumacher.  Probably Mail readers.

I noticed no-one at the Mail was willing to put their name to the article.Did it not dawn on anyone that if they had actually flown a caravan-airship across an airport it would have made every front page and every news channel already?  This country really is full of twunts.  

blog

Over exaggeration? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1237642/At-100-000-insure-just-dont-smash-new-Ferrari-Andy.html

Klunk wrote (see)blogIt's nice to see that Andy Wilman takes stuff on board.

i enjoyed the last nights episode, but this is an interesting read.

That's a good read, but you do have to ask yourself if the person who lent the Lancia had ever watched TG.

Because of my personal view of the programme I refused the offer of participating inside the studiohmmm, yet you still took part in the show? How strange.

yeah, owners of veyrons weren't particularly forthcoming in lending cars to TG for a lap time.

hmmm, yet you still took part in the show? How strange.i presume he did what he was payed to do, transport the car, fit a new engine  and prep the car.

Indeed klunk. Just makes his rant a little less valuable IMHO, when he apparently holds the dhow in the same regard as John Courgette. Interesting read all the same, and highlights a few truths (that we all suspected) which are obviously editted out before the final cut.

yeah but he's been asked by a customer (not TG) to do some work at short notice, and then to get a spurious double spin lap time. Though that might have been revenge for possibly taking the beeb for a ride (re: new engine....)

Anyone see the drive across Bolivia to the Pacific last night? Ace, it's on again tonightI'm not into cars the way some folk are but sometimes Top Gear is the best thing on TV when they come up with something original,it's not often that you see your least favourite TV presenter go over the edge of a cliff, now that WOULD have been prime time viewing,Clarkson driving the first flying car down the side of a cliff.

It is on right now but clashes with Girls Aloud in concert

Interesting point about the Bolivia drive: Clarkson left the others to carry on up to La Paz is it(dangerous road,cliff drop?), as he was driving the sheer drop was on the passenger side(right) of the car, a moment later Clarkson had to pass another car coming in the opposite way and his(Clarksons) car was on the edge of the cliff with the drivers side nearest the edge, the ground started to crumble as though he was going to go over the edge BUT this time Clarksons car was going in the opposite direction only for him to then carry on in the direction he was going in before,staged or what?

I really enjoyed the bolivia trip.  Not because of the vehicles.  Not really because of the journey but because it was funny.  Its three guys showing giving the audience a sense of adventure and how three guys can have a bloody good laugh.  The fact that it involves cars is just a sideshow.  It would be the same for us if it was three guys doing a mountain bike trip across some barron waste land.The same goes for their show.  Anyone who sends their car in for a serious test run wants their heads seeing to.  When they got their hands on the Mclaren F1 and Bugatti Veyron they had so many possibilities.  What did they do?  A 10sec drag race in some foriegn land.The Stratos guys sound like a right laugh dont they

The Littlest Hobo wrote (see)The Stratos guys sound like a right laugh dont theyWell most of them have fake ones anyway, no wonder they're a grumpy bunch of bastards.I enjoyed Bolivia though and yes Podge, of course it was staged.