Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Social Stigmas

the DefenderDan
    With all this terribly original 'chav' discussion occuring, lets have some more stigmas, i mean if its ok to single out a social class, then why not single some other social groups out.If its not acceptable to basically attack a socio-cultural group of people then why should it be any different for 'chavs'?IMHO 'chav' seems to be applied to anybody with less money, a worse house, and generally less in life.Is that right?

Baron von Grinder(Goose steppin disco diva)
    well im glad to see your opinions have finaly changed.What about members of the irish travelling community then?

for once Dan, you're rightbut being a student, you're not yet entitled to an opinion of your own :-)

the DefenderDan
    What i might joke about and what i actually think are two different things.*thinks Baron is an essex wideboy*

what does acutally mean? :-)is that a uni word?

Dark Lord Chuckles - Cold, wet and muddy
    we haven't had a go at gypos for a while, fat people, or people called Dan

the DefenderDan
    smart arse!Brass is a good uni word if you want to be down wid da kidz steve

the DefenderDan
    or people who have sex with live stock "......didnt Mustrum kick you out last time? "

Dark Lord Chuckles - Cold, wet and muddy
    What are you on about

Brass?meaning money?or cold?or a metallic element?we all note different social groups, its human nature. but when we single one out for specific abuse then thats just wrong.....apart from the cornish, never liked the cornish

the DefenderDan
    Brass, not B-R-A-R-S-E if your a southernerBrass means the same as crap or useless, Brasser can be used to a person.....i.e Steve is such a brasser Clearer

Don't get me started on the 'gens de voyage' Baron. Robbed twice and nearly run over once means I'm biased. When I identified the guy on the police computer and told them where he was camped the 'agent' told me they didn't have two coach loads of CRS avaiable so wouldn't be doing anything. Anyone group that is above, beyond and outside the law deserves the discrimination they get.

Chris (couldn't think of anything to put in brackets)
    or people who have sex with live stock "*hopes no one remebers I'm from an island*"

Goognoog
    Gingers.

the DefenderDan
    Yes john, but wearing Reebok Classics, three stripes and burberry isnt illegal is it?.......just the perception is their bound to be commiting crime isnt that the real truth.

Chris (couldn't think of anything to put in brackets)
    LOLGingers seem the only group thats consider socially acceptable to pick on.Before you ask I'm not ginger

There's a bully in my kid's class Dan and his dad fits your description perfectly except you forgot the loopy earings.

Here here John. I generally don't agree with discrimination and stereotyping, but Gypsies are a law unto themselves so deserve all they get.

the DefenderDan
    Thats the thing 4AM, you've just grouped Gypsies as a homogenous group......its like saying all Asian lads are car theives and drug dealers...isnt it?

Baron von Grinder(Goose steppin disco diva)
    LOLI'll stay out of the gypsy debate I think but I will agree that they are hard to police.