Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    But there's always Stevo2's option in case the karma fails.
    Make Britain Great again - shoot a liberal.

No driver is going to deliberatly strike you", you'd think that wouldn't you Bobby.A group of guys from my roadie club were over taken by a car on a road with traffic calming islands. The driver chose to crash into the cyclists rather than hit the central island thing. No serious injuries but two smashed frames.How many drivers pull in as close to the kerb as possible when they see you trundling along the inside of the traffic jam? Of course we just switch to the outside but they're deliberately making our lives difficult."

Lighter fluid squirted all over the roof and then lit produces some excellent roadside raves.

That takes planning though. Not a crime of passion. Unless you are transporting Lighter Fluid and a flame thrower for various gardening chores at a friends house.

Carrying lighter fluid is worth three months here at present.

John G, sorry, not being difficult but why do you think that I'd say drivers won't deliberately hit you? I've certainly had my passage obstructed, but taking it to a materialistic level would they really want an unplugged bar end scratched along the panels?

Sorry, I didn't mean you specifically Bobby, I can't know what you think. Replace you with one in my post - one would think that wouldn't one Bobby"."

One
    No I wouldn't..

A driver accindently knocking a cyclist off in Amsterdam does not exist, The scuffers see it as just careless driving. Straight off to the cop shop to explain yourself.

To be locked in a cell with constables Ronald and Jan?

The full truncheon inspection.You must understand the status bikes have over here, they rule the roost. Only Trams have more right of way, and if you wanna play chicken with a tram I'll look the other way cos it's fookin horrible when they get someone.

Mad,Mad Mark
    About 2yrs ago a fellow was riding along a narrow section of the main road, a few meters from my place of work and was struck head on by a car doing about 50mph...The bloke survived the crash but was hurt bad, both legs smashed broken hip broken arm and internal bleeding...He spent 9 months in hospital, and can only walk with the aid of sticks...The driver was late for work turned into a factory entrance lost control and hit the cyclist head on...And you know what the driver said to the police... I saw the bike but turned anyway i'm late for work is this going to take long officer it was only a cyclist".And the b***** got a way with a fine and 6 points...CALL THAT JUSTICE!..."

Drag a few drivers out, beat them 1/2 to death word will get around and FEAR will make them extra cautious, not a problem around these parts

Mad,Mad Mark
    What about lorry drivers...They pass you with only an inch between you and a huge set of wheels..And then you have to fight with the back draft so you don't get sucked in under the trailer..Kicking the side in won't help in this case.

Lorry drivers are normally professional on the road and not in a stupid hurry to get home 5seconds earlier to watch crap on TV.

Mad,Mad Mark
    Try riding on the main roads in my area you will see how professional lorry drivers are.Not all but a good chunk of them.

One other thing that pisses me off, is when I on the main road section of my commute, most drivers allow a decent amount of space, as it's a fairly wide road, but some idiots insist on not pulling out even the slightest bit when they pass you. It does cost anything, or waste any time to do so, but out of rudeness or stupidity they insist on coming so close you can nearly near the wing mirrors hit you elbows. When it's that close the slighly miscalculation on their behalf, or a slight wobble on the many drain covers and potholes would be fatal for me.

Mad,Mad Mark
    I remember going into a pub for a after ride pint with the lads, as you do and got talking to some of the locals one old guy said to me push bikes should not be allowed on public highways because they don't pay road tax, this started the age old debate about pollution and all that stuff, the majority of the locals backed us up in our little debate but cut a long story short he finished his drink and left we stayed and chatted to the landlord when the old guy came back in and demanded a drink the landlord asked whats wrong and the old guy said some twat in a car just knocked him of his bike on the way home, we asked if he was ok and said i hope you had tax and insurance and the whole pub just went wild.I never saw a bloke go so red in my life...

Stevo2
    I can see a market here for a James Bond style bike, you know, one that shoots rockets at cars or leaves a suitable oil slick somewhere. Would a hardtail or full susser be best?How about spikes on the side to tear the heck out of bus tyres?But you could only ride it wearing a suit and bowler hat

I feel sorry for you guys.I rode in London for the first time in a few years last week, the roads were terrible and crammed with cars but I soon clicked back into the swing of things, you have to ride aggresively, almost dangerously, stay away from the kerb, give yourself room and be prepared to use the room you've made for yourself. Don't muck about, just take your space on the road.And find somewhere else to work/ride/live.Too much for this wuss.