Does anybody know what size allen key you need to remove the freehub from a Hope BULR Rear Hub? Is it 10mm like Shimano hubs?The link to a technical drawing drawing on Hope's site doesn't seem to be working.ThanksIan

sprökkit
    iirc, Hope's freehubs just pull off ...

If it aint broke don't take it to bits to see how it works. AKA Andy Monty
    no its much simpler than that IIRC its like the Hope XC, IIRC they use the same free hub body and i am supprised you havent discovered how to remove it by accident as they haave a habbit of dropping off when you fix a puncture ;-) remove the casette remove the QR and simply pull the alloy spacer with the o-ring then pull the free hub body and it will pull off and the 3 springs and 3 pawls will drop all over the floor (catch them as they are £15 a set) use a blob of grease to hold the springs in the holes and the pawls in place when you put it back together you will need to use a finger to press the pawls into the body of the free hub as you slide it back onpawlshttp://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=481Nice picture of what your pulling out Bulb free hubhttp://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=421

sprökkit
    like I said .... PULL ...an elastic band can also be used on re-installation but i'm sure you'll figure that bit out for yourself;-)

Quote Originally Posted by sprökkit View Post
    like I said .... PULL ...an elastic band can also be used on re-installation but i'm sure you'll figure that bit out for yourself;-)
    Any suggestions what to do if pulling (HARD and then VERY HARD) doesn't budge the freehub? Been on the bike nearly 10 years.