Formerly Listed as Project (FLaP)
    Would like to get a new bike0% interest price 1000 (300 dep then 12 interest free payments of 65ish)or cash price 600 upfront.Cash price obviously better, but not too sure about the lump sum going out of account.What are peoples thoughts on this please?

You'd be daft to get 0% when you can save nearly half the price paying up front.Just wait till your next wage so it doesn't sting you too much.But that's not what you want to hear is it? ;-)

Formerly Listed as Project (FLaP)
    Jase - I don't mind what I hear, just want people's opinions, yes it is a hefty saving and within 2 months I think my bank account would absorb the deficit. I think I know what I will do......

0% mmm just look at it in regards that you are paying 400 quid in interest,thats a fair old apr imo pay cash or put it on a o% credit card you win both ways then

That?s a massive difference. Are the two offers from the same shop?If you haven?t got 600 handy it would be worthwhile taking out a 0% credit card and using that (withdraw cash from card) to purchase the bike. Just make sure you pay the card off :-)

nearly as jason says but don't get the cash out pay with the card overwise your going to get charged for cash withdrawls.

Send your money to me,600, and I will relase 1000.00 from my Nigerian Account for your bike.Also send me your first born.

it's on the way, numpty

Money or the first born?First borns burn better.

400 is alot to pay for interest free, especially as you've only got to find a additional 300.If your going to get finance, get a 2K+ bike and pay interest free over 3years LOL

Thats nearly 130% interest on the extra 300 you have to find to buy it cash. You would be insane to do this!If you havent got the cash you MUST buy it on a interest free Credit Card or you wont be able to ride your new bike cos you wont have an arm & a leg!Does anyone seriously consider this king of offer.I asume this is a thread to highlight peoples gullability rather than your own.

John (Barbed Wire Love)
    cash is king

Padowan Hobbit - sufferer of trail tourettes
    What the hell sort of deal is this Alan? Why would anyone pay an extra 400 to spread the payments? Are you sure you've got those details right mate? FWIW, I'm doing my Trance frame on finance - 800 cash or 800 over 12 months. Be rude not to!

Dark Lord Chuckles - The Silly Piggy
    the cash price on an introductory intrest free credit card, unless the cash price means cash only, very large discount as it doesn't have to go throug the books type job, then run away fast.

If it was me I would use a credit card to buy the bike at 600, then pay the 600 off the credit card. (only works if you have a zero balance to start with to avoid paying interest on the 600).That way you should get the bike at 600 plus have the added tier of consumer protection offered by the credit card company.

Tesco's aredoing a 0% CC at the mo. The offer lasts until march 06 which works out at a knats over 8 months interest free. New bike and no shortage of beer vouchers in your pocket.