Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    So if its true and the US and UK have a list of anyone and everyone who attended a training camp in Afghanistan - are they?a potential terrorist with a mind that should be classed as unstable. Should these people be classed as a threat just for attending such camps.I ask this as its a fact they have been specially trained and whether they actually commit an offence or train others - they should or could be guilty by association.Maybe those realeased from Guantamana camp should have been bannished or better still locked up and the key thrown away - or just disappeared quietly without tracethe fact remains, unless we are strong and defeat the enemy, they will always be there and be free to hit us if they so choose - that choice has to be exterminated !!or should we rely on the imigrant doctor to diagnose that he has changed and is stable and regrets what he did?anyway I think there was a strong french connection to the London Attack - just too much of a coincidence for my liking

defining a terrorist?well, i always go by;name: dandrives: pink landybut i think it may be a little politically incorrect

politically incorrectanother typical example of goodie goodies making us all behave respect our fellow humans and all thatsome way they treat us - so why should we conform?

i dunno, i mean, yeah, keeping within reasonbut some of the stuff the government churns out has got more shit than a sewage farm

oh I agree, and the press dont help cos they just follow orders which means there are few if any questions asked to seek a proper answerbit like 3rd world debt - do you think they will help us when were skint cos we gave them all our money?lol China must be laughing there socks off looking forwards to the next 100 years of world dominance

Dark Lord Chuckles - The Silly Piggy
    I think for a balanced and rational view of what makes a terrorist then I suggest you watch 'Team America - World Police', you will find it an extreamly informing documentary on the USA's role in preserving the freedom of the world.

One of the consequences of yesterday?s horrific events is that it is always ordinary people who get caught up in these tragedies. Whether in London or Madrid, on their way to work or cowering in their homes in Baghdad while Cruise missiles fly in.We live in a truly Orwellian world; George Bush speaks of justice while keeping over 600 people prisoners in a concentration camp and denied proper access to any legal system. Tony Blair, who deceived Parliament to lead the UK into an illegal war, talks of barbarism. However once again it is ordinary people who pay the price. For those of you who enjoy a conspiracy check out the following website.UK police warned the Israeli Economics Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, not to go to an 'economics conference' near one of the tube stations ten minutes before the blasts took place. This is according to a report citing 'a senior Israeli official' which was originally carried on Yahoo, but later removed without explanation.GOOGLE NEWS PAGE SHOWING MANY ARTICLES BASED ON ASSOCIATED PRESS WIRE STORYhttp://news.google.com/news?q=%22Netanyahu+Changed+Plans+Due+to+Warning%2 2&n

hmmmm one report says the call came minutes after the first blast (they were all set off within 50 seconds?) and others minutes before - guess they didnt synchronise their watches with big ben!

Apologies for a small error in my post to the forum. In the 1st line it should read Thursday's instead of yesterday's. The interesting point about the report on the Israeli Economics Minister is not wether it is true or not but that Yahoo UK removed it, while it still appears in other press reprts around the world.

Senior Member Mustrum Ridcully - Kicking Against The Pricks's Avatar
    Maybe those realeased from Guantamana camp should have been bannished or better still locked up and the key thrown away - or just disappeared quietly without trace"Or maybe they were released (after several years of illegal internment) because there was no evidence to link them to any terrorist organisations, you ignorant arsehole."
    SIMMERING CAULDRON OF RAGE

not that Tim - another one
    Stewart Hannah - are you going to include (for example) every Muslim that's served in the UK armed forces? They've all been specially trained. Bloody hell - some of them have even been to Iraq. Must all be guilty as hell.......

Or maybe they were released (after several years of illegal internment) because there was no evidence to link them to any terrorist organisations, you ignorant arsehole."Ignorant...!And all these people just kappened to be in Afghanistan on a fishing trip !!Locked up without a trial I agree is not the way to go, but don't be so naive that these people were not up to no good. Maybe they had no circumstantial evidence to convict these people. I'm sure there would've been a whole host of high profile human rights lawyers queing up to make a name for them selves if they did get to court.I find it offensive that this government evan lets people back into this country after finding out that they have attended terrorist training camps. I'm sorry it's about time people wake up and realise that our(British) generous, trusting nature is been taken advantage of by a small minority of extremists.Oh yes to all you conspiracy theorists...get a life!Rant Over "

mtbm
    couldnt agree more tim

I agree Tim we are too trusting.But the original thread, defining a terrorist" lets face it, they could be anyone and everyone you never know, black, white, muslim, christian whatever.We knew a guy really well for years, found out he was in the IRA at his funeral! Scary thing!"

I am sure Stewart Hannah is a troll!Although it is good to raise the points and attitudes that he does so that we can end up with more reasoned opinions from the likes of Tim.Political Correctness fails in its objectives (IMO) as it ostrocises opinions that do not fit the PC mould. This in turn ostrocises the people with these opinions, forcing them to either change their opinion, or drop out of mainstream society to differing degrees. This in turn creates a superb environment for developing extremism. People who can't openly discuss their feelings can't have their feelings changed.

I agree, I'm all for Deafening Terrorists.

Well looks like I got my butt kicked, thanks lads.I think you will find that as time goes on, more and more people will agree that drastic measures will be required. Anyone who has any asian friends will know they are not all bad - but a large minority potentially could be. They recon upto 1000 people living in the UK attended training camps in Afghanistan and that the suiside bombers were not on this listso the choices are: are we to be reactive everytime something happens or proactive and stop it before it happens - and to me that means protecting the propery we know they would like to blow up !!and no Im not racist, but I would like to see more open discussions before we have major security problems - far beyond anything we could imagine

Intern them all!

the queen says it won't change our way of life" bloody cheek won't change hers with bloody millions of soldiers protecting her"

Baron von Grinder
    millions?there isnt a million soldiers in the whole of the british army.IMO the whole background leading up to the recent axcts of terrorism are a direct result of events that have been happening sicne the end of the second world war ie; the creation of a certain jewish state, founded with all good intentions in mind.to say that our recent action in iraq are the reason for the bombings would be a little short sighted. however not entirely wrong. i see it as another link in the chain that stareded turning way back.the main thing is now that groups are willing to bomb our shores and our every day citizens as well as targeting the troops in iraq. the troops get paid ( not a lot) but like some have pointed out its their career choice and bloody grateful i am to have such people representing and protecting me in such a way.how ever the people on those trains and the bus didnt make that kind of choice and never had the chance to say other wise. that in my eyes is wrong and need stopping.put aside all this argument on whos fault it was and why they done as thats out of our hands and we had the chance to change that earlier this year, how ever labour still sit.the priority now should be to stick together in the fight against acts of terror on our home shores. how we do this i dont know, be vigilante, look out for suspicious packages, report ANYTHING you think isnt right no matter how trivial it might seem.its not about whos right and whos wrong any more.