Thread: Guinness

Does anyone know where I can get a pint of Guinness in Istanbul. Or Cider. Please..........please....

No idea but i had a few pints of the stuff on monday night first time this year and it went down really well top stuff Good luck though Tom

Four Assed Monkey
    Isn't Istanbul predominantly muslim?Good look finding expensive booze imported from the evil westerners to a tee-total society!

DefenderDan(pollution crazed weirdo)
    LOL @ FAM

Tee bloody total?! My arse. This lot drink Raki and Skol by the bucket load. No bacon or Guinness though. Ho hum.

Sorry it's a bit late Scratch.Try the Holiday Inn. The BIG one on the coast that you can see from the airport. Good luck out there. I spent 3 months in the place working with Turkish Airlines and it nearly drove me mad!

Don't s'pose this'll help but a couple of mates were in a Nigerian cafe in Manchester the other night drinking an 8% Guinness brewed under licence out there.

Lagos has the biggest Guinness brewery in the world

Four Assed Monkey
    Did they offer to buy you a drink, but insist on paying 5,000 by cheque telling you to give them the balance back by Western Union money transfer?

You need persude your brother or someone to bring some out to you.......

Posted a bottle of Newcastle Brown and 20 Embassy no1 to a mate who'd gone to live in China in the late 80s (when that sort of thing was very hard to come by there).Cost of postage, duty etc was significantly higher than the goods themselves.

Ummmm. Newcastle Brown. Benson and Hedges. Richard and Judy. Coffee with no sh!t in it. I bloody well love England! Sniff. Gawd Bless 'er Majesty.

There's an Irish bar just off Taksim square which sells guinness (and even murphys too). Ask anyone !

You can try here too: http://www.theirishcentre.com/They'll know where the pub is as I cannot remember the name of it.Slante.

Found it: JAMES JOYCE (Zambak Sokak 6, Istiklal Cad., Beyoglu, PHONE: 212/244-0241) Its 5-10 mins walk from Taksim square in a wee side street off that main shopping pedestrianised one. I did few weeks work out there in Istanbul in Novemeber - its a fine place. Turks really friendly.

How about that for a result.Anyone know where I could find a 4 leaf clover?

DefenderDan(pollution crazed weirdo)
    have you tried lookin?

Colin C you beauty! That's me sorted for tomorrow night. Thanks!Hehehe yeah, I tried lookin, but I couldn't find my own backside in this place. Besides which I live and work on the wrong side of the water.thanks all!

Dan Dire
    You must remember that wherever you are in the world there are some absolutes:Macdonalds.Irish Pub.Loony minicab drivers.Nutters on street corners.I think theres' a Geneva or UN convention on this of something.Found Irish bar in a basement under a hotel in (v.dodgy) back street in Seoul a few years back ( Guiness and Pie, ah....)