Charlie T
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/londonnews/articles/16002245?source=Evening%20Standard So, it's "deeply offensive to lesbian and gay people" that they can't fly a flag? What about those who want to fly a St George's Flag and get told they're racist? Politically incorrect bullsh1t

John (Barbed Wire Love)
    I didn't know you needed planning permission to fly a flag. ridiculous. I could understand it if it was red with a white circle in the middle, with a black swastika in the middle of that, but any other flag, be it a national flag or a gay pride flag? stupid.

IIRC, you only need planning permission if the flag overhangs the street. If the pole goes straight up from the roof, that's OK, but if the pole sticks out at the front of the building and there's a chance that it could interfere with high vehicles or telecoms wires, the council needs to monitor the height & sticky-out-ness. Seems reasonable. This looks like another of those only report half of the story" stories."

Theres a gay flag now?

John (Barbed Wire Love)
    ah, I see. I suppose it makes sense if it's a sticky-out one thenwhat if it's just pinned to the inside of the windows, could they use them then?

Anne Brown
    there's been a gay flag for years.I'm surprised most people don't know this.The rainbow flag has been the gay pride symbol for decadesUse of the rainbow flag by the gay community began in 1978 when it first appeared in the San Francisco Gay and Lesbian Freedom Day Parade. Borrowing symbolism from the hippie movement and black civil rights groups, San Francisco artist Gilbert Baker designed the rainbow flag in response to a need for a symbol that could be used year after year. Baker and thirty volunteers hand-stitched and hand-dyed two huge prototype flags for the parade. The flags had eight stripes, each color representing a component of the community: hot pink for sex, red for life, orange for healing, yellow for sun, green for nature, turquoise for art, indigo for harmony, and violet for spirit. "from here"

strange that there is no brownor is that added when they wipe their nob after the act ?

J(BWL): you mean curtains?

wwjd ?

Surely the title of this thread should be, 'One rule for one - and the same for the other'Haven't you heard? It's illegal to display an allegance to any cause, organisation, country or religion without prior written consent from Tony Blair.

John (Barbed Wire Love)
    I was thinking more 'blinds', curtains are so passe these days ;-)

ive played at gat pride was cool

DOH GAY PRIDE not gat pride

DefenderDan(ashamed)
    dont see why they cant fly their flag....as long as i can fly mine