Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Arnold Brocklethwaite-Jones (the baddest apple of
    I was thinking back to a few years back when after a 6 year break from mountain biking I wanted to get back into the sport so purchased a Diamond Back full susser, with disc brakes. Sounds good eh?Only one slight problem, it cost £ 360Anyone that knows anything about bikes knows that a £ 360 full susser is just plain silly. A hard tail for that money would have been better, well it went round the forest like a pogo stick on speed, the brake discs were made out of old kit kat wrappers and it wasnt long before it got a new owner!Please share your stories of laughably bad bikes/bike components that have all been part of our learning curve!

Alun Hemington
    I hear dylan's got someting to say about the rush's lights ;o)

Alun Hemington
    ooh someting , i've come over all yardie!

your a yardie is it alan

Alun Hemington
    Better than being a gooner!

Mr Sculp
    i beleive you are still going round like pogo stick on speed pistol

Arnold Brocklethwaite-Jones (the baddest apple of them all)
    PMSL @ SculpYou made it then!Laughably bad bike componentsmmmmmmmmm*rubs chin*Spesh Enduro tyres on the mud?

V Brakes @ Glentress?

Alturus large seat post bag, which isn't stuck to it's rails and falls off on test going up the road Doh!!! leaving the fastening method on the bike ( Epoxy Resin, and a shoe lace around it just incase )Truative Cheapo Seat post, which after 1 ride flaps around due to no grooves.V8 Pedals, coming Dry with not enough grease in the kit to grease them up, 2rides max before they click and grind, even with more grease pushed through.Tiogra 2.3DH tyres, on the front offer Zero Steering on dry ground, just scarey.thats it so far.

Four Assed Monkey
    Girvin Flexstem.Spesh 'Umma Gumma' and Onza Porc tyres.Kool Stop V pads.I bought and binned them all.

Strangely I rated Kool Stops, very highly but put them on my mates bike with different wheels alloy not steel and they SUCK.

Rock Shox Psylos, would have been a cracker fork if they were'nt so twangy, jus got £ 78:00 for them on ebaynever againFox or nothing

Kato
    The old XT chainset that came on my Kula back in 1998The spider was permanantly attached to the big ringridiculous idea

my first bike was a bad component on its own

tom downie 2
    there are 2 bikes that stand out as the worst 2 pieces of engineering" i have ever seen:a shop customer brought in a DYNO USA ExploSIF full susser (£50 new?) to get some work done. It was held together mostly by paint and tocuhing anything made something else fall off. The rear mech (made by "Sunrise") had no adjustment and sat an inch out of line, the shock spring wasn't held in place, the canti brakes had no tension adjust and moved in an eliptical/ovalised random path towards the rim so you couldn't set them up. The "THUMB" fork set it off nicely. It weighed easy 4 lbs.a guy i knew bought a £70 quid hardtail, and was well pleased with it although the fork legs were twisted out of line massively (from new) and it fell to pieces."

tom downie 2
    weighed easy 40 lbs, not 4

tom downie 2
    oh and halfords do a full susser called the Appollo Creed"."

lol @ Halfords

Crud DCD, actually pulled the chain off rather than keeping it on. Criminal waste of pocket money.Anything made by Manitou.Most things made by Rockshox.

Cateye ABS35, absolute piffle!In my misinformed youth I also had a pair electric blue cage pedals, on an orange (the colour, not the brand) bike!!