Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    When driving my van into work yesterday, some daft old tool on a bike was doing about 5mph, wobbling about and blocking half the road. He then kept looking over his shoulder, wobbling more and flapping his right hand about like a spaz. Blocked me for ages, and all I wanted to do was drive to work in the rush-hour.Anyone else here hate twunts who can't ride for toffee?;-P

No, I hate intolerance.

I hate bad riders giving cyclists a bad name no matter why they are bad riders. The idiots that basically don't adhere to the laws are just as bad as those who aren't fit to sit on a bike in the first place. However I also agree with Monkey and say that we should as other road users try to tolerant of lesser skilled riders.

pretty fashist remark for a forum like this - 'old tool'/ 'spaz' ... where to start M

cyclists have got a right to wobble, says so in the highway code.

Did you check to see if he was having a heart attack, or was in fact massively pissed?

Two Wheeled Terrorist
    OK so he was a bit wobbly,obviously not a skilled rider,give him a bit of patience,but he could have moved over aswell for you.If you're doing 5 mph and somebody behind wants to do 70mph then I think its only polite to move over for them,I've done it for lorry drivers on narrow roads and they give a toot and a wave when you do.

Fancy getting a toot of Coke just for moving over.I will be trying this.

Thanks TWT I drive HGVs and know what its like from both sides. There are bad cyclists as well as bad lorry drivers, no-one remembers about nice gestures/incedents on the road, just the bad ones.

A good point well made

Two Wheeled Terrorist
    Helmet Masher:Its not nice having an HGV on your arse!No seriously I always move if they can't get past after a while and its worth it when you get the toot and wave.Its nice to see a nice gesture instead of an insult or finger.But its not nice being stuck behind a slow moving vehicle for ages,especially when its a 70 zone and they're doing 35mph,if thats what you want to do then fine but don't enforce your preference on other road users,move over!

Cheers Russ, and another thing, anyone here drive a BMW????Oh never mind...

I have serious issues with BMW drivers. I am sure there are some good ones out there somewhere....

TWT, remember the petrol you bought for the car on Saturday afternoon?Remember the shopping you did with the wife/girlfriend/gay lover you did after that?Remember the pint of milk you had with your Cocopops this morning?A lorry delivered it!!! Astounding eh?No lorries = no goods in shops, don't complain about it be thankful they are there delivering the stuff you take for granted in the high street.

oh, for the time when a hand held EMP device is legally issued to all cyclists to punish" bad drivers behind us when we are wobbling slowly down the road "

Oooh, don't even get started on the BMW driver thang. Especially X5's.....

Nick Gammon
    Most lorry drivers are good drivers - they spend their lives on the road in vehicles notoriously difficult to brake or accelerate, so their anticipation is very good.Most cyclists are good cyclists - they have to be to survive on the roads.As ever, there are a few bad ones out there.However, yet to meet a good BMW driver, and anyone driving a prestige" 4x4 should emigrate to the Utah desert where they might actually use their four wheel drive, and find themselves among like minded people."

Nick - exactamundo!

The worst 4x4ers always have 'Guy Salmon' written on thier spare tyre on the back of the 'car'. That dealer must only do business with ignorant sods, as they're always sh*te drivers.

What about taxis? Nearly been knocked off by them a few times....just remembered they own the bloody roads don't they?!!