Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chris (Kenny) Lawson
    I have just had the head teacher of a school phone me and explain they have a problem with Naughty Kids" and want a business to sponsor a monthly prize as an incentive to the kids to top mis-behaving.So now we are to reward kids for behaving properly as opposed to punishing them for doing wrong.I absolutley despair."

Ste : )
    WTF, indeed!naughty kids should be punished, it's as simple as that

Ste : )
    and i don't necessarily mean physically.but kids should not think they can get away with the way they behave these days. when i was a kid, i would never speak to an adult the way i hear kids doing

Numpty! (Kut)
    WTF, the sky is falling!The Oceans are expanding and I've no lipstick!Sorry, reward those kids with baseball bats to the back of the knees.

Anne Brown
    erm isn't it a good thing to encourage good behaviour?and any way the bad kids'll just mug the good ones for their prizes on the way home.

Numpty! (Kut)
    Not if they can't walk.

Actually the best way to make people or animals to behave the way you want them to is by postive reinforcement. You ignore the bad behaviour and reward the good. B.F. Skinner showed that with his Skinner boxes when he made rats press a button by rewarding them for doing so.

Chris (Kenny) Lawson
    But they aren't rewarding good behaviour, the idea is if a kid doesn't misbehave they get rewarded (how many kids read books nowadays anyway?)

give the prize in crates of beer, then it will be fairer as they would be unlikely to win the following month.

Diane *Chocolate Loving Slacker*
    My sister's a teacher and used to keep a box of sweets in the desk to reward the kids for good behaviour. It's amazing how far kids will go for chocolate...Send them a box of Roses Chris.: D

mountainbike matty
    kids that are shit bags genrally have tossers as parents, give the youth a break not with a bat save that for shit parents. give them a prize the free advertising that youll get from local papers will be worth it

David French
    Brink back the cane and the wooden ruler and stuff (I don't care...I'm a good boy despite bieng told off for skateboarding in the corridor today).

I do think, the naughiest Kid deserves a nice present, for making the rest of the kids look so good

Padowan S (Mincing seafaring hobbit)
    At the risk of souinding like an old g1t:Kids were better behaved in my day."Or were they (bearing in mind I'm only 26!)? A couple of us had a discussion about this (admittedly, in the pub after *several* pints) a little while ago. We all went to different schools but they all had Sixth Forms, and we all agreed that when we were in the first year we wouldn't dare speak to anyone in the Sixth Form, but when we got to the Sixth the first years were right gobby little shytes with no respect. Can the attitude of a generation really change in 6 years?"

SloBoy - Happiness is a warm crumpet
    But that doesn't mean that the gobby-shites in your year weren't talking to the sixth - coild be the same situtaion viewed through different ends of the telescope.

Padowan S (Mincing seafaring hobbit)
    Very true. But to my knowledge none of us wandered around the Sixth Form centre treating it as our own. Again, at the risk of sounding like a moany old g1t, I think the changing attitude to discipline by the teachers has had a lot to do with it. When we were in the Sixth Form we weren't allowed to give any cheeky little scroats a good shoeing - indeed, if any of the lower classes started taking the p1ss and we took matters into our own hands" WE would have been in stryfe for reacting to them. Six years earlier, if we'd done the same thing as first years the Sixth Formers would have dragged us feet first onto the rugby pitch, given us a kicking, and left us dangling from the rugby post crossbar by the arms of our blazers - and the Sixth Formers would often have been aided and abetted by the PE staff.But I'm not bitter ;-)"

Has anybody seen the film Battle Royale"?Now there's the solution!!"

Padowan, I know the feeling have had a similar discussion with mates at uni bit younger than you though (19) I did find it quite funny though when a couple of year 11s asked for a hand with one gobby shyte who when I came over threatened to break my fingers. I was 3 times his size, strangely though when I told him to try it he ran away!?!?!

My sister's a teacher and used to keep a box of sweets in the desk to reward the kids for good behaviour. It's amazing how far kids will go for chocolate..."and a pretty young teacher........"

I remember the first time I got a detention I was sent out to cut the grass on the rugby pitch with a pair of nail scissors........now there's an incentive not to bugger about!