Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Beckers ....(Steel is real, but wood is good..)
    last wedding I went to was a blinder, Pat Mustards, and someone definately got drunk & embarrased a lot of people (no not me for a change)

and what is that Emily bird on about ?

Paul Sheppard
    I think we have found one of ASTIAGT's subject matters.Emotional blackmail - Why does a 'nice romantic day' have to be expensive?Deny enjoyment!!! what about the Grooms enjoyment!!! Can the planning not be left to the people who want to plan the wedding? Must they stress-out the parties who don't enjoy said planning?

It's all about imagery rather than reality. Why have a white wedding when you've been shafted more than a Welsh coalmine?Why not celebrate your love for other rather than bowing to some victorian idealism?

The slightly less formal dos are the best.We had a cruise across the Solent, total cost with meals for 50 guests just over 2k.Friends had a garden party at a local hotel, and booked a childrens entertainer. Great fun watching tipsy guests trying stilts, juggling etc etc.

I think it really must be the difference between men and women, I mean lets face it, a mans idea of romance if different to a womans idea of romance. That said, I'm not sure Emily is being entirely fair on us, life is about compromise and suffering 12 months of stress for one day seems a little extreme. Men, I think, but don't know, don't look at weddings as just a few details", more as something that should be enjoyed and not agonised over."

A small thing is a good thing
    lots of good points on here from everyone!!!Emily. perhaps you are made of money or something. what is wrong with having a nice romantic day, I really don't understand why you would want to deny your fiancee the enjoyment of this if you truly love her" hows about spending the 8/10/16K or whatever it costs to ensure that your kids gets the absolute best start in life? Hows easy is it to say to your kid when they are growing up "oh yeah sorry i had to leave you with a stranger in your most formative years but we were really skint so your mum had to go out to work as soon as she had you and she only ever saw you when she was completely knackered cos we spunked all our money away on an expensive wedding dress for her and a load of booze for people we havent seen since"Believe me Ive been to a lot of weddings and come to the conclusion that the quiet ones are the real romantic declaration of love and a lot of the big ones are just an exercise in throwing money around to live up to other peoples expectations. More money does not equal more romantic."

for once Marco I actually agree with you

Why have a white wedding when you've been shafted more than a Welsh coalmine?"how dare you suggest it! I have not."Why not celebrate your love for other rather than bowing to some victorian idealism?"But I do want to celebrate our love (when I eventually find him) and if you think it's Victorian then that's your outlook. I plan for my wedding day to be very special."

yeah but most girls who get married in white have Em ;-)

(Mike I actually agree with you a lot more than i let on!!!)

Paul Sheppard
    Poor poor bugger, i pitty him.

hahaha , didn't hurt did it Marco :-)

I plan for my wedding day to be very special."why?"

who do you pity Paul

But some romantic ideas do cost money. Surely love can work through these differences in opinion. The man I will fall for will most probably think the same things are romantic anyway.No small thing" I am not made of money but that makes spending the money on that one day far more significant."

Paul Sheppard
    Mike,Emilys' future groom

Sorry Emily but I couldn't resist it. I'm sure you're a lovely lady (grovel grovel)!But I still don't think that a special day NEEDS to costs thousands upon thousands. Surely it is your relationship with your partner that makes the day special?

as long as it's not your money eh Em (grooms dad, perchanse)as the father of two girls, I really hope they don't take the same view

Paul Sheppard
    Let's face it, it's a bit shallow.'ooooh look a meeeeeeee, Don't i look wooooooonderful'