Thread: NEW FORKS...

Neil ....
    I want to buy some single crown forks for my '03 Heckler. Currently running some 2002 Z1 Freerides but they're a bit heavy. I have the Fox AVA RL rear shock. Any suggestions please?

Kato ...
    Fox

Maverick, oh bugger ther are dual crown.Fox Vanilla's then

Gary Ewing
    Manitou Shermans.I love mine. They're great.I bought my Sherman Firefly 20mm bolt thru for 299 from Merlin Cycles. You can probably find a similar deal if you shop around.20mm bolt-thru is great too. Sure it takes a few extra seconds, and doesn't work with all car racks, but the increased stiffness and security is worth it IMHO.They've got 5 of travel, incredible stiffness/accuracy, a small lock down for climbing/road work, and they just work brilliantly.Read the review I posted in the review section - everything I said there still stands. Except I like them more. I've found them great for everything from small ripples to 4ft nose-dived clumsy drop-offs.My only reservation is: How much do you weigh? If you're between 10 to 12.5 stone the stock settings *should* suit you fine. Much heavier/lighter and you *might* need a different spring. Talk to the dealer.Tim Flooks/TF Tuned Shox is becoming a Manitou approved service centre too, which means you can get your forks and rear shock serviced at the same time."

Gary Ewing
    The Manitou Minutes are also very tasty. A friend has a pair on his SC Chameleon.Fox fox fox blah blah blah...Yes I know they work well. I know they're great. But Manitou's new forks are too, are stiffer, and look better!

Did anyone mention Fox?

David French
    Fox Vanilla.