Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Archangel Azrael
    Got an MG Midget for sale if you're interested Martin.....

Mr. Ste (one happy bunny!)
    oh tim, you are joking right?i think it looks nice!!! it's got character

Charlie T
    OK,Nicole Kidman was a child with ginger hair. Bet she goes well.It does actually grow on you. I promise, it does.

Aero 8? Jealous? Oh yes.

not a great fan of kidman, she has weird eyebrowspicky??... me????but the morgan, i'd day it's more of.... a posh old mans car.... i do like it, 'i like it a lot' (lloyd christmas in dumb and dumber)

F*ck me Charlie - just seen what they cost. Can you lend me a tenner?What's the waiting time like - heard they take ages.

Not joking Ste - don't get me wrong, damm fine motor, just don't fancy it. I've got 25 years to save for the +4 I promied my wife for her 50th though... Character - yes in a polarise opinion sort of way.Neil JenkinsPaul Scholes Chris Evans

Charlie T
    Been a long time comin'

see charlie, you could have saved yourself 8g by giving me the , i'd have got it less vat, then i could have driven it up to you i'd be nice and warm by the time i get it up to you

martin smith
    i quite fancy the mgb as i can afford it. (i think, as long as i give up eating!)i am not sure i would fit in a spitfire let alone with bikesif you want proper class one of those late 60's lotus with the pop up frog eyes and sooo many dials and switches inside they look like an aeroplane cockpit! (don't have 35000 to spend on one that need a 'bit of work' though)thanks for the offer of a midget but i need something with a roof so my insurance company will even speak to mehow do you fit a bike rack to an mgb, will the wheels not drag along the floor?

Charlie T
    Tempting Ste, but you lot only go at about 30mph, and I think a car like that might scare you a bit...Martin, Rhode Gear make a sports car rack that mounts up really high. MGB, sweeeeeeet!

witter do a towbar kit for mgb'sit mounts up to the bumper bolts and does not look too badthen see swedish innovations for a very expensive version of a paddy hopkirk towball bike rack.( or buy cheap paddy hopkirk)only problem I have noticed is that because the car is giving no wind protection to bikes ,being so low, you have to tie the bikes down mighty tightchrome bumpers, wire wheels, leather seats--- go on you know it makes sense!

Beckers ....(Building a bike !....)
    tow bar + Pendle rack. Not cheap (about 400) but absolutely the best way.Plus with a tow bar, if anyone smacks you up the back they afford a lot of protection.

Arnold (UB40) Laurence
    a roof!!!!! then it's an MGBGT.... i was referring to an MGB (the topless variety) where you fit the rack on the boot.you can probably get the bikes in the backmof a GT if you take the wheels off. or... fit a roof rack, you might have to get one made... try the MG owners club, they sell stuff like that.is it chrome or rubber bumpered?i had a 69 MGB, wire wheels and all. sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet is the word. they may be underpowered, but get them on a country road and you won't care, the handling is so lovely. hard work by modern car standards, but satisfying.

cooky! *shirt ninja*
    i've always loved the MGB GTs....... seen a few for about 3.5k. i want. soooooo badly. cars today have no character whatsoever, and it's pretty weak.as for CT's Morgan, had the pleasure of fondling one up close... i'm sure it's a nice car and all but to me it just suffers from that horrible car industry thing known as 'update itis' where they take an old model and just sand off the corners making it look a bit smoother and throw in a few new gadgets.but fair enough, you want one and have the cash, enjoy!

Charlie T
    More gadgets yes,but also a really sweet chassis and one of the best engines made. Veritably the prime of the UK car industry! (Even if the engine is Sausage Squad made)

cooky! *shirt ninja*
    well come call for me, we'll go for a drive see if you can't change my mind...:P

Charlie T
    Join the queue dear boy! And it's a fairly long one already! On that note, my brother in law has a great toy called a GRinnal Scorpion. Basicall a carbon and Alu 3-wheeler (One at the back) driven by a BMW K1 motorbike engine. Now that really IS silly!

cooky! *shirt ninja*
    BMW had a concept car a few years back, had no doors, windscreen or roof... just seats, an engine (motorbike jobby) and stuff to steer/make it go.crazy.

Charlie T
    That's about the beasty!Have a look at http://www.grinnallcars.com/Yum