Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    John Lemonius
    Nice one Kev - how was it?

And the point of this article is?It must be a very quiet news day to present us with turgid pointless crap like this.

Jon Webb
    all hail the mighty kev!what a load of b@@11@ck5

There is no point other than to brighten up our dull and dreary lives with the comic antics of Kevin and his super bright lights in the Peaks in the middle of the night!

You're a cheery little chappy aren't you Rich? Thanks for your very positive and life-affirming contribution.

Where's the cat food gone, Jon?

Jon Webb
    huh what? you mean him or me?jon2

I was referring to the Jon who's been seen eating cat food - is that you or him? Do you have something you wish to tell us Jon2?

Jon2 stole my catfood. Now the guilt is coming to the surface ...

Jon Webb
    mmmmmmm<licks lips>meaty chunks!

The point of the news thing, by the way, was that Kev, who's an active BIKEmagic member and contributor, knocked off a not unimpressive 50-mile odd Peak night ride last night and we were just having a bit of fun.I'm sorry if people found it pointless and trivial and unrelated to the extremely serious business that is riding and reading about riding bikes. Fortunately I only rarely contribute to BM.

Stuart Nicolson
    We'll have no flippant articles on here, oh no!And none of that brightening up one's boring day" type nonsense.All 100% serious biking articles written by 100% serious bike journalists.I'm sure that is precisely what we all want round here. None of that fun stuff.So take a big slap on your wrists Jon (D, unless Jon W. feels left out in which case I'll arrange it for him too) and promise not to do it again, else we'll make you eat dogfood for a week. Trust me, you'd be back on catfood like a shot it you tasted that muck.And Rich, congratulations. Someone's got to uphold standards round here."

Scoop Doggy Dog
    I feel the article merely scratched the surface of a fascinating story.What exactly fuels Kev to enable him to travel huge distances, is it fission or is it fishnchips?How come he has detailed knowledge of materials few humans ahve ever heard of?How come those ropey old cut and shut Stadiums didn't catch fire and leave his burnt out hulk on the trailside like some old joyriders Nova?Anyway lighten up serious fella's we've got a spanking new exclusive on the front page, and just be glad I still haven't found a way to sneak the story of the president of the kazahkstan railway being run over by one of his own trains.

Stuart Nicolson
    Scoop, I'm pretty sure it's fish'n'chips. As for Mr Kazahkstan railways, if he'd done the clever thing and turned the railway lines into a cycle paths, the situation would never have arisen and he'd still be with us today.

Stuart Nicolson
    Oops. I tried to change my name to Daily Mail Reader before I did that last-but-one post.Didn't seem to work...Hope the ironey didn't escape anyone...

jon wyatt
    I'm going to nip down the shops later on my bike. I may even hit a small bump on the way and make both wheels leave the ground at once.Where do I send the article?

As a postscript, Kev just phoned me and he ended up riding something like 67 miles in about 12 hours - apparently, despite having eaten everything in my house for breakfast - he's totally bushed and just wants to sleep.Jon, what's that in your paw? Is it what I think...

If you're going to mention wheels leaving the ground, you'd better go to the MBUK section - we're all far too serious for that sort of thing here.

Todd Unctious
    Please put more turgid pointless crap on the site, I rather like it, oh the turgidity, pointlessness and crappiness of everything.

Jon Webb
    Don't mind flippant articles...they're great. I just thought that one was rather dull. Sorry. Oh and it kind of bugs me a bit that everyone on BM seems to think that kev's some kind of mtb legend. I'm sure he's a nice guy and I don't doubt that he's knowledgeable on materials and that, but that doesn't mean he's fit for deification.hey ho, back to the cat food.(where did that one come from?)jw