Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Malcolm Cogglewit
    Buried deep in the BBC news site is an article by an US academic, pointing out that of all the industrialised developed nations, the UK has the most restrictive gun laws. And also the highest gun crime rate. Belgium, where guns are availabe to just about anyone, has the lowest gun crime rate. USA has almost the same murder rate as the UK, and almost the lowest burglary rate. The UK has the highest burglary rate. So, lets legalise guns !

Anne Brown
    I think that might be bollox a bit.US gun crime rate is much higher than UK. I wouldn't be surprised if UK was highest in Europe

I hope it's not true. Gun culture is getting very scary in the UK just now.

nick cummins
    I find it disturbing that an academic can claim that America, which has approx 12,000 gun related deaths a year can claim that's comparable to the UK. The NRA claimed, by way of christ knows what logic that some of those deaths were self inflicted, and that (and here I'm quoting ) we should take some comfort from that". No wonder, with clowns like that about, that thousands of Americans are taking their own lives.I think you'll find that was Switzerland, not Belguim BTW."

R o m e o
    so if i go out robbing does that mean i have to have a gun now incase the person im robbing has one. bugger. where can i get one?

http://www.guns.com/(I don't know how to do the blue type thingy...)

Muddy Bronco
    Steve, it's easy. Look....Piss. No it aint. Slag off Matthew Kelly. So much easier.Actually, blue thingy. I'm with you. Ann Brown showed me a linky thing some weeks ago but, I'm sorry, meant nothing to me.

Bolox. US has about 3.5 gun murders per 100,000, UK has about 0.15.

Senior Member Xenu The galactic roola of the confederacy's Avatar
    I can`t use a gun,Cause i have the hand of a chicken,Allegedly.Milenko

Arnold (UB40) Laurence
    and no eyes to take aim.

Arnold (UB40) Laurence
    i'd quite like a gun to wrap my mouth around

Who sings that?

Arnold (UB40) Laurence
    no, my last message was just how i feel at the momentthe other one was a band called Harvey Danger

Senior Member Xenu The galactic roola of the confederacy's Avatar
    I Don`t need eyes to shoot something,I can pinpoint the target within a milimetre due to the the noise/breathing/the sound of them blinking the target gives off.Milenko

Absoluteley bolx what that guy say's about gun crime. There's a new film out soon done by a US comic, fly on the wall stylee, about the US gun culture and he say's that there were 27,000 gun related deaths in the US in the previous year compared with 16 in the UK?Now this cop has been murdered everyone thinks they should have guns. the guy had a knife, the cops carry a gun and then the criminals will have semi automatics.The police have gas, stun guns, batons, truncheons, body armour, sticks etc If you can't solve it with that then a gun probably won't help any.

By the way, there's a good bit in this film where the guy meets these two kids who were shot in columbine high school who still have bullet's lodged in their spines. Well the rounds were purchased at K-Mart who have a lifetime money back returns policy if you're not satisfied, so he takes the kids back and asks the manager for a refund! You should see the staff's faces.Oh, he also opens a bank account where you get a free rifle of your choice from a selction, they hand them out there and then in the bank!Is that the sort of country we want?

Charlie T
    After Dunblane there was that gun amnesty. Very good. However, since then gun crime has risen by something like 40% in the UK. Not very good. The post-Dunblane gun ban managed very little, except to stop several law abiding people from having shotguns etc. Banning legally owned and responsibly used firearms helps no one. What is needed is a harder approach on illegal weapons, they're the ones that kill.

nick cummins
    Tony Martin is up for parole today, he shot a bugular with an unregistered pump action shotgun.

Paul Cooper
    The film Dodgy Stain is referring to is Bowling for Columbine by Michael (TV Nation, Stupid White Men) Moore. Very intelligent Democrat with a dry wit and you cant help feeling that a few more like him in the US would only help put it back on the path to sanity.In Stupid White Men he lists all the key staff in the Bush administration and their history - Bush seems to have gone out of his way to pick people least suited to their jobs.

Anne Brown
    makes him look better see