Thread: Bah Humfug

Anne Brown
    Evening everyone.I'm back in the virtual world.Last day of work on the 20th and I felt a little sniffly. It'll pass I thought.3 days later I can barely breathe and my head feels like it'll explode from the amount of sticky yellow glue that had built up in my head.Nearly two weeks later and I can breathe reasonably well but am still producing industrial grade glue.Apologies to Richard Cantle, Dave Carlson and the rest of Oddsox for (probably) speaking absolute drunken bollocks to at the Oddsox Christmas Pub Crawl. Luckily I was still relatively healthy on that day. Thanks go to Dave and Ray for fixing my puncture while I was incapable of standing let alone riding. Was fun though!Apologies also to Stuart and Nick who I was planning on riding Glentress with on Sunday the 29th, the glue factory was in full production mode then. Will ride Glentress soon I hope.Did everyone else have a good Christmas?

Space Hound Spot
    Evening Anne, Good Chrimbo then! I have the beginnings of a New Year Fug, spent sunrise in the sheeting rain on top of a local hill eating Bacon Sarnies and Drinking Hot Choc, could have been worse!

Anne Brown
    Hi Spot. At least you did something fun to earn the fug.I'm sure I got mine as an end of year present from work.

nick cummins
    Hey, Anne Are you still not better? Couple of friends up Norf had the same thing, they said it'd been going for at least a couple of weeks. Sorry, you didn't want to hear that did you?Glentress was, errrrrmmmmmm, fcuking hard. I was knackered after the blck run, and it was the best i could do to crawl round the red route afterward, in a pretend biker stylee.

Anne Brown
    Hey Nick, well done for doing both routes in a short winter day.I've got a great cough and won't shake it for a couple of weeks is my guess. So it'll be shortish gentle rides to keep the legs working for the moment.

Tim muggeridge
    anne get yourself some elagen sport. i used to be the works sick note always pickin up chest infections from over doin it on the bike and booze. but since i started takin this stuff i haven't had even so much as a sniff, and that was 18 months ago. now i'm invincable! e-mail: elagen@elagen.co.uk

I have just caught the cold just in time for me week off work. A week I wanted to use for getting back on the bikes/gym and getting my fitness back after two months out the saddle. But no, I had to catch the cold instead. Happy f**king new year...

Back home safely then Anne? I didn't make it up to Glentress either, as I had the mother of all hangovers when Nick phoned. Several people, (well, all the oddsox actually), have mentioned noticing your slightly wobbly state on the christmas ride. No apologies necessary though. It gives us something else to laugh about, (besides McCoy falling unconscious in the middle of the dance floor).

Ancient Mariner *like a well-strung badger*
    Glad to hear from you again Anne. Hope you feel better soon. BTW are you coming to the Chilterns this Saturday? Beckers is promising mud 'like custard' ;-)

Muddy Bronco
    Sorry, really must get some glasses. Thought this was titled Ban Hunting".But, anyway, yes we should. The veggie has spoken."

Anne Brown
    Dave, it definitly caught up with me on the way back from the last pub. I didn't think I'd drunk that much. Must have been my delicate condition. Oh Well.

Must've been that dodgy last pint...;-)

Anne Brown
    yeah could have been. LOL. Lucky I didn't have two dodgy last pints. I certainly seem to have done some damage to my vistalight on one of my falls. Had quite a lump on my head too.