Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Badgers?

Cullen Ward
    What is it with bikers and badgers? Every place I've hung out or worked with bikers there's been at least one with a badger obsession. What's it all about? Why badgers?

cooky! *shirt ninja*
    badgers? we don't need no stinkin' badgers!

nick (I am not a badger I am a name) cummins
    I've been asking myself the same question?The first XV seem particalary obbsessed at the moment

Mike (black and whit and Badger-like) Simmonds
    What are you on about normal behaviour for this time of year?

after last week's Life of Mammals I'm more of a slothe man meself

Badgers? What's wrong with badgers? Funkiest relative of the weasel in town.

Older and uglier Ancient Mariner
    There's something woody about the word badger". I especially like Al's phrase "crouching badger, hidden beaver": completely evocative."

Luke - I feel cheated. There's not a guitar in sight!Out of interest is the PODxl really that much better than the POD (or V-Amp that I bought)? I haven't actually got round to recording yet (I did a bit, but then built a new PC and the old software hasn't made it on). Actually I find it really hard to work up the energy - when you're live enthusiasm comes automatically, but as I'm not technical I find the 'bedroom player' thing tricky.

To be honest I couldn't tell you for sure. Most of the guys I play with use the Pod 2.0 or 2.3, although some have the PodPro. They seem to think the ability of the XT to modulate the effects is superior, and from the basic comparisons I've done it may be true. However, the Pod itself is still a mighty beast, as is the V-amp for considerably less cash. I got the XT as I was completely upgrading my rack from very old kit, so it seemed sensible to get the newest stuff around. I'll have a better idea when I've used it for a few months.However, I love it...anything that can genuinely replicate EVH's tone from the debut album is amazing in my book. It's Clapton tone from the Cream era is also totally spot on, as is the Metallica tone, and the Eric Johnson....*yawn* If you want to get software you could use Goldwave - it's free and does the job admirably...and I'm sure you could get a copy of a sequencer program if you *ahem* asked around...No guitars in sight, btw? Of course...you don't think I'd put a picture of me playing up there.. :0)

John 'Inflatable Brain' Hooper
    You can't beat Marshall - 'the volume goes all the way up to 11'.The thing about music is, there are too many people chasing too small a market - especially when half the market is saturated with manufactured rubbish. Bitter, me? nah, just older.BTW drum machines are the devil's work ;-)Nowt to do with badgers I know...

Yeah, but it's all for fun isn't it - never take anything too seriously. More of a living to be made from private tuition for a start!And yes, drum machines...agree entirely! :0)

If only I could find a drummer and a bass player...

Badgers? Who's obsessed with badgers?

Aaaaah.

Anne Brown
    oooh isn't it cute.

I have an old Washburn A20 that looks just like a badger with strings on, just to keep near topic. Black with cream binding. Wonderful rawk guitar. Marshall? Nah mate. For serious volume I drag my old AC30 out, but most of the time I use a laney protube now. Without the boost it's just nicely gritty, and any extra drive comes from an old Korg AX30. The boost is just daft, and makes it a bit hissy too. Currently debating whether to bung a 'greenback' in it.Mad as a badger seems just about spot on :-)

See...all this fussing about with amps - like something out of the 60's! What you need is an XT, plug it straight into the PA, and you're sorted. ;0)Nice guitar BTW - I am unfortunately entirely true to my w@nking on the E string Satriani-esque roots, and use an Ibanez.

Ancient Mariner "like a well-strung badger"
    Sweep-pickers 'a go go'. Never could do the Yngwie thing. What it is to be young and have nimble fingers......all this fussing about with amps - like something out of the 60's" - no need to rub it in about my age ;-)"

Malcolm Cogglewit
    Damn badgers, damn them and their stripy fur. I hope they burn in the eternal flames of hell.

Badgers are well cool! Dunno why I am obsessed with them though?!?Dougal.