Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris King

Anthony Lee
    I just sent this to Chris King:Whoever reads this,Why do you not make bells? I have been endlessly searching for a great quality bell that won't scratch the resin on my Easton CT2 MonkeyLites. Over here in England (the Lake District where the world's best riding lies), there are often ramblers clogging up some of our trails.We would love to be able to warn them (and give them no excuse to shout / whinge / throw missiles at us) but sadly, bells clatter and ring over bumps, are heavy, and are poorly made.Until now, nobody has made a great quality bell. It is a humble but nonetheless essentia piece of equipment for many of us, but sadly I, and others, have not come across any that are to our liking.Yours,Anthony Lee (15).Well, I know that you lot feel the same way!

Older and uglier Ancient Mariner
    <snd src=Boris Karlof voice over">The bells, the bells..... They drive me mad, you know.</snd src>"

andy monty
    If they make one expect to have to re-morgage you house, sell the cat or some thing.

Chris King isn't that expensive, i got a headset for 80 and a set of King ISO disc hubs on 317s for 400..........

Anthony Lee
    Ancient Mariner, I think you will find these bells will be perfectly toned, and sound very nice indeed. The stroke of the lever will be smooooth...

Dr Dolittle - Broken bike, broken finger, broken heart.....
    And will chime neatly 'troll! troll! troll!' with every ring......I like it.

Anne Brown
    Deck the halls with boughs of trollling.... la la lala laaaaa

Evening Anne! I can't ride this weekend cos I can't find any gloves to fit my bound up fingers into And the rest of the TS crew are doing Macc forest too......

Anne Brown
    Hi DocHow long will your hand be out of action? (if you'll excuse such a personal question);-)

Anne Brown
    Have you got some old gloves that you could cut the last two fingers off to create one large finger hole?

No idea how long. Shouldn't be that long in theory, but I was speaking to one of the people at Bicycle Doctor yesterday who had a similar fall, and didn't keep it bound properly. She now has a rather odd shaped little finger as it didn't heal straight. I think I'll play it safe to be honest. I could hack up a pair of glovs though.....

Anthony Lee
    Me? A troll?I am the same AL who promoted Avids in the Possible Dic Setup thread, who used the Church Mouse guise, and who evangelised in the Bias in the Magazines thread......check the writing styles. I am AL.

Anne Brown
    The little finger on my right hand is very crooked I always reckoned I broke it as a child. Don't remember doing it tho'. And hasn't hindered me at all.If you can hold on well enough with your hand like that hacking up a glove should work ok.

Anne Brown
    Yes exactly troll

Why the concern anne, unless you had something to do with it?????

Anne Brown
    What the trolling? ummm no.Doc's hand? ummm no. Just some friendly concern.;-)

hmm, i've heard about you twisting peoples arms but this is ridiculous ;-)

Anne Brown
    Yeah he was showing everyone how big he was so I showed him how fragile it is.;-)

Will (now with 30% more caffine)
    I am pleased to tell you AL that Kona came up with a cow bell for this very purpose

Could be worse i suppose.Anyway must have another look at my turner 5 spot ;-)Ah thats better........