Thread: A Solution

Beckers ....
    There is a bit of a spat going on, on one of the threads in rides at the moment.Basically it centres around bikes colours and the inference of homosexuality.I reckon the best way to resolve who is gay would be by MTB Jousting"Competitors would fight a duel, armed with broom handles and wearing body armour and full face helmets.A run up of, say, 50 yds should ensure sufficient contact speed.Does anyone want to add to this"

Dr Dolittle - two weeks and counting.....
    Whilst this idea has merit I fear it favours the skinny beanpole whippets (who it should be noted are clearly gay) rather than the more manly men with their beer bellys, which makes them a larger and easier to hit target......Otherwise I'm in favour.

Todd Unctuous
    It wouldn't resolve any gender issues, but it would be bloody good fun. Lets just have a bike jousting competition full stop !

Beckers ....
    But the manly beer gutted men can make more impact than the xc jeyboy whippets

nick cummins
    Mike, you have mail

Yep. Fat bloaters will be harder to unseat. The skinny boys will bounce off.

Hmmm decisions.....Silver Marin QuakeBlack Marin Muirwoods(so to be) Fluoro Pink Kirk Precisonwhich is the more manly?

Got to be the Kirk ;¬PThey did BMX jousting on Jackass, as I recall. It didn't work very well.

But they did get arrested when one of 'em screamed through a gate and caught the other chap unawares stood by the pavement. CRASH! Great stuff.

They did it in MBUK about 10 years ago. JMc and Paul Plunkett, jousting with carpet roll inners, (imagine big bog roll tubes), at Lumley Castle, just over there...<points out of window, at castle in the distance>

Marco Framboli
    i thought it depended on whether one wore green socks on a thursday (or pink on a friday - well something like that anyway)

MTB Jousting and broom handles? Surely the gay ones would be riding backwards?I'll climb back into me closet.

Todd Unctuous
    I've just looked out the window, I can't see which is Lumley Castle. Is over that one, just over there, with the nice crennelations on the tower ?

Al (leave 'em to rot) Leigh
    I'm up for it but to add comedy value, can we use pie throwing if and when the jousting fails to do anything other than worry a few twigs?

Brother Will Disciple of SRAM
    i would like to vote for monkey bikes as the steed of choice just for sheer comedy value

I think we should get MBUK involved in this. After all, most of the present readership aren't old enough to remember anything from 10 years back. They could record who was the real XC Jeyboy Nobe for all to see and deride.

James *Now with Noodletech*
    There is a video clip in some old news reel archives on the net of two blokes on mopeds dressed in full medieval armour, riding at each other with full length lances. Its quite comical.

I've considered this idea some more, but decided that the use of broomhandles is frankly gay in itself. Real men would joust with chainsaws.....

Todd Unctuous
    Oh ugh, it is early in the morning. What am I doing here ?