Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spangles

Tom White
    Can anyone remember those sweets called Spangles?My mate has a packet (well half a packet we tried some the other day).

I remember them,square with a round indentation in the middle.Is it an old pack your friend has or a new version of them.

Remember 'Olde English' flavour?They tasted like buboes.

Tom White
    Yeah, that's the chaps - same shape as Tunes" are now.Its an old packet....I don't think they make them anymore.He has some of that 'space man' ice cream too from NASA....."

mike tutton
    whats spaceman ice cream?

Is that the freeze dried ice cream?That is without doubt the wierdest stuff I have ever eaten. I got some from the Johston Space centre in Houston. It tastes exactly like ice cream but the texture and temperature are just wrong.

Si Davies
    wasn't spangles something to do with large glove puppets destoying cities godzilla style?

mike tutton
    na,that was chewits, whilst on the subject of retro sweets, remember nutty bars, texan bars and splicers?

Curly whurliiiiiiiiii.

mike tutton
    now arn't they still around?I remember a few years ago they withdrew them then they came back, but they had completely changed the toffee to fudge.

Texan's. All the cheap and nasty chocolate used to fall off and you had to eat it off the floor - and then the toffee used to break your teeth.Oh how I used to love them.

Beckers ....
    they stopped making my favourite about 30 yrs agoAmazin raisin bars......would make excellent trail food

Tom White
    You're right, kearly whurly's don't count cos they still make them....

What about spaceships" the paper like things with sherbert in them.And salt`n shake crisps"

cooky! *shirt ninja*
    they still sell salt 'n' shake crisps and sherbet UFO's, you just need to know where to look...a texaco garage a couple of miles away sells all old school sweeties, including sherbet fountains, drumstick lollies and wham bars.... love it.

Woolworths pick an mix - 50p worth and I would be feeling the vomit rising.The only time I remember pocket money being cruel.

Tom White
    http://www.oldsweetshop.com/Not sure if ALL the ones we've been on about are here.....but there are many classics.....

Tom White
    Parma Violets" - yuk, they were really mingin'....."

Andy Jones
    Parma Violets - if there was no narcotic effect, what *was* the point

Andy Jones
    Texans had the benefit of that great adNow, hold on there, Bald Eagle"Lucky for me, I have a classic flavour in classic - so classic that they're all still going - Smarties, wine gums etc"