Page 62 of 1477 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364721121625621062 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 29528

Thread: North Leeds

Cheers MikeOfficially Sanctioned Trailbuilding this Sunday at Swinsty / Lindley Wood, starting from 10am (ish). From Otley, head to Farnley, then head for Pateley Bridge. Cross Lindley Wood reservoir & keep going up the hill. There are some wooded sections on both sides of the road before it becomes moorland again, it's the one on the left. There's a car park half-hidden in the woods, that's where you need to be.Bring friends, shovels/spades, axes, saws, rakes, that sort of thing. For more details, check out www.singletraction.org

Julian (aka Tom) Thomas
    Sorry I'm not up for the Trail building this weekend. I have to go and look at a job.Fortunately the job is at Arthington is within riding distance of my gaff. So I'm going to cycle down there look at the job and then take in some trails to get back.If anybody wants to come along then they are welcome but you would have to wait half an hour while I suss out some drainage at the side of the railway there.I'm leaving my place at 08:00 tomorrow :-).Call 07887 625234J(T)

Well, I just went up to Lindley Wood for the trailbuilding & there was nobody there!Lack of communication from Singletraction? No, Lee (the treasurer) sent me an email saying it would be happening from 10am at the 'usual place'. Perhaps the usual place has moved...

I had my mudbath Julian....it was a brilliant day out....I didnt want to go home!

Julian (aka Tom) Thomas
    Did you go all the way to Rookhope Bank Top then?

Stephen Greaves
    Dan,I've got a day left of my hols and up for a ride. Not available 5th or 6th but could be on Mon 16th.If you are riding on Tuesday from Pudsey we could sort out a route and maybe some of the other guys could be available?

Julian....I didn't....not cos I was chicken...but the weather was horrid here first thing and I didn't get out until 11am....went part of the way to waskerley and then doubled back to consett, stanley, beamish and then down to swalwell, there was plenty of mud xc but it was good fun.

Dan Nichols
    Cheers Steve,Should be out on tues. I am waiting for the holiday request to be accepted but if all goes well then I'm up for a ride on the 16th or any other day for that matter.

Brian Trevelyan
    Well everyone, myself and Jude finally persuaded ourselves to go out yesterday afternoon, when the sun came out, and did about 11 miles around the canal and Calverley/Ravenscliffe Woods area. Tuesday's gonna be a wet one!

yur it was a good ride that brian :-) 11.2 miles (to be trainspotterish about it ;-)according to that little gadget do da you put on my bike :-) i think we've exhausted ourselves this weekend hur hur hur :-)

Hi guys - afraid I can't make it on Tuesday - I 'ave ze flu...

Oh poor HoopsNurse Fluffy sends you a beechams!

flu strength I hope :-)

John 'Inflatable Brain' Hooper
    If I hadn't taken today off work (& tomorrow as well), I might be out. But one of the guys I was supposed to give a software demo to today lives & Pudsey & might spot me...Stephen - thanks for the chain whip & lockring tool - job's a good un - I'll get them back to you for next week's ride. Unless there's anything happening at the weekend AND I can get a passout...

i can't make it tonight either :S nothing as nasty as the flu tho

I'm not out tonight either I'm afraid. I'm playing the old pots & pans for the local am dram show.Next week though I will be there and after much fettling I might be able to stop now that I've done a Dan and got no brake pads left.

Stephen Greaves
    Who else is riding besides Brian and myself?Julian?Dan?Andy?Steve M?

DOESN'T LOOK GOOD AT THE MOMENT FOR ME TONIGHT, STARTED SNEEZING AND SNIFFLING THIS MORNING.

Brian Trevelyan
    Well I'll do it on my own then! :-(It's a good forecast so anybody who can make it, do so. The ride is muddy but no worse than last week.

I'm stuck in Camberley today so no can do.Next week?Also going to Calderdale on Saturday, starting about 10:30.Very leisuireley (sp?) pace with cake stops.