Page 502 of 1507 FirstFirst ... 240245249250050150250350451255260210021502 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,040 of 30125

Thread: North Leeds

linky map thing that works (hopefully)"

...oops one more try. for a working map link<a href =http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=53.8925&lon=-1.6967&scale=10000&icon=x"/>The Royalty"

Here you go..

Very enjoyable and eventful ride/swim last night. Sorry if the leadership aspect left something to be desired but riding in such a large group is new to us Bingley types, will do better next time if the occasion arises, at least no one got left behind. Hopefully everyone found the trails interesting, in retrospect that route is not ideal during such heavy rain but where is?The terrible weather conditions were reflected in the attendence at the pub afterwards - 13 riders, only 4 drinkers = 9 people rushing home for well earned hot showers

John (Barbed Wire Love)
    bog snorkelling? sounds like fun ;-)

Rich and I are planning on doing the Cutgate path ride that's featured in this months MBR (I think it's MBR anyway!) on Saturday. If anyone wants to join us, let us know and we can arrange a time and place to meet.

Conrad
    Confession time....I had me bike in the boot last night and intended coming out. Then I checked the weather forecast and bottled it.I have spent all day kicking meself as it didn't rain in south Leeds last night. Naturally I am gutted to hear that it did in fact chuck it down ;-). Am currently planning on bringing cake to thursdays ride. But need to negotiate with the missus as there is no CSI on tv on thursdays to entertain her.

shaun- thought it was great fun. you're right- where would have been okay in that weather. i was really worried about getting cold at first as the water seemed to go straight for my armpit and saturated my body just after, and i always struggle with my eyesight in those conditions. but, hey, it was a laugh, and i hadn't ridden some of those trails that way round, or some at all... my gag about the leading was just cos i thought it was kenton and then found it was you guys after about an hour...only 4 in the pub eh? i was nursing a hot chocolate and warming nicely in the bath by then )conrad- that is a very bad confession. the sort of thing i have been known to do, except it always comes out nice when i bottle it.

John (Barbed Wire Love)
    I spent the whole ride without a waterproof. The bright yellow thing I have is not, I discovered last night, even showerproof so it went back in my camelbak at High Royds, less than one mile into the ride. The woods make a quite effective umbrella though.Anyone know why my speedometer might think I was doing 50+mph on the towpath? new battery perhaps, or maybe it doesn't like getting wet?

Us Old Crocs must like our beer 100% turn out in the pub after the ride (all 4 of us). Dan excused because he had to retire from the ride early due to technical problem.Must remember to bring change of clothes and towel for next time we have a downpour. Not nice having to sit on damp waterproof jacket to avoid getting pub/car seats muddy.

Enjoyed last night ride despite the weather, cheers guys.Next tuesdays ride is from

Been to Stainburn today, nice & slippy after last nights downpour. Did the woody stuff on the top side of the carpark & the Warren boulder trail on the bottom side of the car park. Where is the wooden stuff & the see-saw? PJ, Rob, CM - I'm sure you will be able to tell me for next time? I'm sure we covered everything on the map but could not find it. Those Gold descents are very interesting by the way, glad I fitted flat pedals!

Glad you liked it. Come along to the next dig day (first Sunday in September) and we'll show you the shore.Oh all right. You have to follow the Metcom section (long technical downhill on the same side as the car park) to the trail under construction" sign. Ignore the diversion and follow the half built trail past many more interesting features and you'll find the magical shore at the end. Alternatively go to the bottom of the wood off Dob Park road and follow the trail immediately on your left (dug out but no hardcore). Strictly speaking the shore isn't open yet (the seesaw has no counterweight and the ramps need wire) but it's pretty hard to stop people."

John (Barbed Wire Love)
    Flappit sounds good Sam. Hopefully they'll have electricity this time

Sorry, this is bollox:Alternatively go to the bottom of the wood off Dob Park road and follow the trail immediately on your left (dug out but no hardcore)."What you really want to do:Off the Dob park road ou can turn up into the Warren Plantation (god awful long, straight up climb). There's a couple of cones and a barrier in the wood to stop people whizzing out onto the road. As you first get into the wood on this climb there's a section of excavated track on the RIGHT, follow that.Hands, arse, map ;-)"

Cheers for that CM, I know where you mean so I'll find it next time.

poor showing posts wise today. are we all busy or something?

Eventful stuff tonight. Can I claim a claim a current North Leeds record of 5 seperate wasp stings to the legs (well, 4 seperate, plus one big multiple on my ankle where the bugger got stuck in my sock). Currently being soothed with a large glass of red, which I believe has strong anti-histamine properties. See you next week.Alistair

Okay own up who actually hit/disturbed the wasps nest?