Page 501 of 1477 FirstFirst ... 4014514914995005015025035115516011001 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,020 of 29530

Thread: North Leeds

John (Barbed Wire Love)
    Yes, that's what I was thinking. It might take some persuading though, group ride & nobody she knows & all that.We tried to go to Dalby for the green/blue routes yesterday but got stuck in a 1 hour queue at Pickering thanks to some traction engine rally. Gave up, turned round, went home. We'll do something local tomorrow night" she said..."

John (Barbed Wire Love)
    Tim - don't wait for us, I doubt if we could get to Sicklinghall for 7 regardless. Another time perhaps

John: I should be out with the Old Crocs tomorrow evening.

John (Barbed Wire Love)
    ok; another epic is fermenting in my head ;-)up towards Fairy Dell, then down to Menston lights, into High Royds, up to Tranmere Park, down the golf course to Baildon, down to Buck Wood, along the canal towards Calverley woods, play around in there for a bit (some local knowledge would help), up to Guiseley Coach Road, up past the airport & onto the Chevin via Mall Lane, then down Fairy Dell & return to the pub. Should be worth about 15 miles (and should be 100% legal!) depending what we do in Calverley woods.

Kenton,Sorry can't make the regular ride tonight - really wanted to do east morton as well. next time.

John (Barbed Wire Love)
    BTW - lights would probably be a good idea

hola_i might come for the 'crocs ride' are you off at 7 on the dot? and do you really think we'll need lights?(gingernuts)

John (Barbed Wire Love)
    Hi Neil, it'll probably be more like 7.10-7.15 on previous form; I'm tempted to cycle up so I might be late myself!Lights - quite possibly, it's starting to get dark at about 9.15 these days, and if we're in the woods it could get quite gloomy. I have a 5W helmet light you can borrow if necessary :-)

I like the look of that route John. Some fun swoopy bits in there :-)I'm planning on a trip to Hamsterley forest this weekend. Ride the trails and see the new skills area that they've built.

cool, ta - have to see how work goes....

Dave: how long does it take to get to Hamsterley from Leeds? have you ridden the trails before?

It's about 1 1/2 hours from Leeds up the A1 then A68.I rode Hamsterley quite a bit last year as my folks live between Darlington and Richmond. I'm up there for the weekend as its the annual village feast in Aldbrough on saturday night so I can go check out the new stuff I've heard about.

10,000 Post Bar B QAfter a bit of ringing around etc the date for the Barbie will be Sat 3rd Sept. Venue is my back garden (unless anybody else has a sudden yearning to have hoards of NLMTB riders and family in their garden/house)There will be a ride somewhere in the NLMTB area the same day. Can somebody volunteer to sort out a route, meeting point and time etc. Tim/Stephen/John BWL/anybody.Riders partners and kids will be most welcome. We will look at the weather on the morning and if it looks pants we shall book tables at China Red.How the barbie will actually work I have no idea at the moment - food / drink / music? /funds? etc - has anybody got a party size barbie? - any suggestions as to how it should work?Sorry to those of you that are unable to make that day but it was impossible to get a Sat that would have been OK for everybody - and think this date will be best for the largest number of people.OK - Is there anybody coming!

Jules - Only a suggestion but how about Zen in Guiseley if the weather is bad ? I've found that to be far superior in most respects than China Red.Plus with the set meals you get to choose the mains rather than have them set in stone.

SteveZen in Guiseley is fine by me if the weather does not play ball!Will they cope with a possibly large party at late notice?

Hmm - not sure. Might need to make a provisional booking. Its usually really busy.

Do you want to check them out Steve see what they say!We are just off on hols for a couple of weeks. Hope the trails stay dry fast & twisty for you all.Jules

cheers for the highly bruising and amusing ride last night. still not sure whose ride it was )top trails, made more interesting by the weather. it was like Vietnam out there- hot, wet and bodies everywhere! have sore wrists and the stiff neck from my OTB into that ditch, kirsty is okay apart from a lump on her chin (which might be a spot- we aren't sure yet). it was okay in the rain as long as we kept moving wasn't it?how is everyone else?

John (Barbed Wire Love)
    Buck Wood still hasn't dried out

Thursdays ride is planned from