Page 452 of 1477 FirstFirst ... 3524024424504514524534544625025529521452 ... LastLast
Results 9,021 to 9,040 of 29528

Thread: North Leeds

Stuart McCavera
    Jeff any idea of a rough finish time on sunday?

yeah, no can do 2nd July. parents visiting, so despite desperate need to get out and fill up on chinese food and ale, it won't be happening. but please don't re-arrange just on our account- means we'll have to come then. and be nice /has boris come back yet saying he will manfully fill the sweaty spd's so recently vacated by cheeky monkey for SSMM? i'll give him a ring tonight to see )

No, but I'm sure you can persuade him. We need another for SITS too of course.

Sat 2nd July is fine for me. And what is the SSMM? Do the sweaty spds have to be filled 'manfully' or could a woman do it?

Spoke to Boris today & he is considering standing in for cheeky monkey for SSMM. He does have a few questions regarding camping arrangements, food, cooking etc. Said he may well speak to Craig or Tim for answers to his questions. I can share transport, but having not done a 24 hour event before I can't really offer advice. Over to you Craig - I think we are half way there although Boris may be cursing me for saying that!Does it start at 2pm on the saturday as I can't set off until saturday morning? The website is a bit thin on any real details.

JoThe sweaty SPD's need to be filled manfully as we're a men's team and need 4 members, we have no objection to becoming a mixed team but we'd then need 5 members, so you couldn't fill Cheeky Monkey's shoes, but you could bring yer own.SamYes, starts 2pm Sat. Boris can give me a call or email me if he has any questions he needs answering.

Tim, only Saturday available in July for me is 9th but don't re-arrange on my account.

Doesn't have to be a Sat I suppose. What about Fri 17th June?

great ride last night some pics

Jules on the train!
    TimGoing to have to miss out on the curry/chinese this time - but still up for a bar-b-que at 10,000 if the timing is right!Jules

It was indeed a great ride last night, always nice to do some new bits. Cheers Rob. Next Thursday's ride is a joint GM/RM affair going from The Princess in Rawdon (link to follow nearer the time). We'll sort out the Rodley thing soon Jenny; could link nicely into the Pudsey stuff (Post Hill perhaps?)Jeff, won't be coming to Reeth on Sunday so have a good 'un.

Thanks for the ride Rob. I hope the guy that fell off the bike is OK. I never knew roads could be so technical. Nice photos, Dan- time for an SLR next!

I keep meaning to bring me Pentax out on rides but I'm so impatient now that I MUST see the evening's photos before the kettle has boiled. Pesky film! Our kid has a digital SLR but no way is ever gonna lend it to me, nor is he ever gonna ride a bike so that's out :-(

SteveI'm fine thanks. didn't realise my bike could stop that quickly, problem was i carried on going. The alternative was to plough into the back of everyone which i thought would not have been received well.

Andrew, glad to hear you're OK. At least we'd have made a softer landing and then you could have blamed it on someone else ;-)

John (Barbed Wire Love)
    got my shed broken into last night with 3 bikes inside it......and the toerags took nothing. Must've been disturbed, or took one look at the way everything was stacked & left.2 bikes chained to each other & a ladder running diagonally across/up/down the shed, 3rd bike d-locked to it as well. The wheels for my Cake were sitting on the path & the door hanging open with the hasp jemmied off the flimsy bit of balsa wood (not really but might as well have been balsa) making up the shed wall.Wasted 2 hours this morning removing the bikes from the shed & taking them into the house, then re-securing the shed. Need to spend more time on it this evening - all this hassle I can do without.And the best bit...Phoned the police to report it, they asked are there any smooth surfaces nearby where they might have left some prints" me: "no, it's a garden shed", police: "ok, here's your crime number and a phone number if you get any witnesses or notice anything missing"me: "so you're not coming out?"police: "no, we can't get any prints & nothing was stolen"marvellous."

keep bikes and house and install either a) ferocious rabid dog in shed or b) a mains hook-up to the shed handle because they'll probs come back. The theiving little b'stards. And the police are sh1te

should have said keep bikes IN house, not AND

John, its your one chance to get your bikes made permenent residents in your home - make the most of it :O)It's what cellars were made for...

and indeed bedrooms