Page 450 of 1482 FirstFirst ... 3504004404484494504514524605005509501450 ... LastLast
Results 8,981 to 9,000 of 29622

Thread: North Leeds

doh! dates mixed up so will be out this weekend.Rob, are you posting link for Thursday night?Sorry I missed your ride Craig. Hope it went well. Where's next week's Tuesday ride?

IN REPLY TO STEVEW110Mary Townley is a challenging day out. Did it a few years ago as did (IIRC) Julian and Tim.

John (Barbed Wire Love)
    old crocks' ride is from The Princess at Rawdon.

thought you were doing newmiller dam?

no worries gerry.steve, coed-y-brenin- will be there Friday as part of the warm up for the singlespeed UK champs! CYB is good, but a couple of trails are looking dated now. that may not make sense if you haven't ridden man-made trails much, but as the builders have learnt what works and what is sustainable, the better the trails got. so the red bull trail is a bit crap i reckon. mbr is good, and karrimor is good as it is quite long, climbs high, and has the best three steep descents on the park i would say. worth a visit, and it is closer to us than afan argoed (which I think is a bit better). it is much fun though, and ought to be ticked off the list.As should the Mary Townley loop! 'only' 47 miles, but took me, kirsty and boris around 9 hours last summer for a sensible pace and a couple of good food stops. nothing particularly challenging or technical except the distance, the climbing and the time in the saddle. might get the odd busy section in the summer, but now is the best time to do it, as i rode 3/4's of it in April once and it was bloody snotty in places.

oh, and meant to say, clockwise appears to be the way to go. we started in hebden bridge, but the return to hebden has some steep little climbs in right at the end, and one corking descent if i recall...all rideable mind, and worth doing. was thinking about doing it singlespeed later in the summer...

i think Mary Townley would def be a two dayer for me. There must be a nice pub/b&b/youth hostel half way round.

John (Barbed Wire Love)
    NMD was just a thought. one day perhaps. some nice roots to play on, with a drop into the canal to keep the mind focused ;-)

............Reeth it is then, 10:00 in the car park, see you all there.

which one you doing Jeff?

gerry, bound to be. the horse riders tend to tackle the MTL as a two-dayer.who was press-ganged into leading a ride next Tuesday then?

Youth Hostel at Mankinholes (Todomorden) looks like a favourite.

That'd be me.Next Tuesday's ride will start from

yeah, betws-y-coed... defintely much quieter. bloody good trail mind. came a right cropper on that trail last year. right at the end, over the bars at speed. smashed helmet and whiplash. see, man made trails can still catch you out when you combine too much speed and too few skills )part of me will always have affection for CYB just for the 'addams family' descents on the karrimor trail. when i first came down them on a rigid bike in around 2000, i almost wee'd myself i was that scared. and kirsty almost cried... D hadn't seen anything like it before. happy days...

I've just had an email from t'other Tim to say he now can't make SSM which of course leaves us a man light, anyone else up for filling his shoes??(How hard can that be? ;-) ). You don't need to be super fit or fast jsut up for giving it a go and having a laugh.

John (Barbed Wire Love)
    When is it?

SSMM is 25/26 June I think.talking of Wales, I'm also heading over to the SS UK rounds (in Machynlleth) this Sat am. As Craig says, loads of riding around there, so if anyone fancies giving it a go (or even joining the SS rides and needs transport down I have room in the van.

Rob. You want me to do link for Thursday?

tim, persuade boris to do it. i reckon he would really enjoy it. (seriously, mate, I do reckon you would enjoy it!). he just needs to be persuaded of that fact Dboris, it is absolutely not race whippet territory. the majority of riders there are just trail riders like us, just doing something a bit different. you would be more than fine both speed and endurance wise... just saying like )

Gerry,Fremington, Langthwaite, Gt P, Nice and steady. You and Ani be joining us?