Page 448 of 1479 FirstFirst ... 3483984384464474484494504584985489481448 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,960 of 29562

Thread: North Leeds

me, ani and dan then

John (Barbed Wire Love)
    Jules - tomorrow's ride is mostly the Harden Hair-Raiser but backwards, and instead of the long road climb up to The Guide we'll be climbing up onto Catstones Moor. It's quite a steep technical climb/push, but only for about 100m, and the singletrack on the moor top is well worth it. I recce'd it on foot this evening so I know pretty well where I'm intending to go

Stuart McCavera
    Right Sunday.....I am desperate to get back out after the chop so is anyone planning anything?I needs to be back in Leeds for 4pm.

Jenny Heron
    Gerry - you say 'even warmer' later in the week?! Its not exactly tropical here in Rodley tonight, is Otley having a heat wave?!! Colin, really enjoyed ride yesterday, being locationally challenged and cold and wet is all part of it, but I could do with more protection before I take on the cow dung again! Ani - I'll be there soon. Anyway if we'd gone the right way we'd have missed the bit through the tree tunnel, did the photos come out Jeff?

Well it's not over warm but it's not that bad. Was a nice evening (last night) until Dan's patriot hurled him into a bunch of nettles and we spent some more time in minor injuries. I'll tell Ani you're on your way :-)Stuart. Am planning to ride on Sunday but can't guarantee what time we'll be back as it's a new route to me and it's in Northumberland.Was a nice ride to work this morning. Warm sun and icy wind. Interesting.

hi back from hols. whistler was amazing albeit a little daunting at times. anyway a daily diet of crashes has left me a little battered so i may try to join the walking wounded" from Harden if jet lag does not set in. if i'm coming i will be on time so don't wait if i'm late."

julie stephen
    can't turn down a pint of delish Theakstons tonight in the Acorn - esp when the other option is the Tetley poo water in the Malt Shovel. Enjoy yourselves anyway John, Jules...good time to go tee total.

John (Barbed Wire Love)
    there's always the fizzy chemical juice - sorry, lager ;-)

There's nowt wrong with a nice light lager after a summers evening ride. ;0)Sunday in Northumberland sounds quite tempting Gerry. I reckon I can probably supply some post-ride cake for that as well.

Mike Young (Leeds)
    Stuart: I'm keen to do a ride Sunday in the DalesGerry et al: see you on the Thurs night rideHad a good holiday in northern Spain, Picos de Europa, lots of single track and fast fire road descents. Good job I'd replaced the cracked disc rotor, had to spray water from Camelbak on new one many times to cool it off.

Likewise Kenton, just back from hols and not been on the bike for 4 weeks I will be joining you crocks from the Malt Shovel tonight.

Looks like there will be more crocked than non-crocked riders tonight. I'll see you at the non-crocked ride from the Acorn.

Yes, the crocks ride is certainly proving the most popular, it almost seems non-conformist to come out on the official ride, so not being one for conformity, I'll be there.

I am also hoping to be at the non-crocked, having just ridden Harden last week. And the beer is much better at the Acorn

John (Barbed Wire Love)
    the crocks ride is certainly proving the most popular"Not reallyThe original idea was for Julian & myself to get back up to speed after injury (and in my case long periods without riding) & then rejoin the regular ride when we're ready. Probably never in my case :-(We just threw it open to anyone else who's injured or who wants to ride on a Tuesday but doesn't feel up to keeping up with the fast lads on the regular ride. There'll be 3 or 4 of us tonight, hardly 'the most popular'"

Jenny,Photos v good, will try and figure out how to get them linked to fotopics.Gerry - I have a fotopic account but not sure how to do the link - all help appreciated.

Stuart, Mike,How do you fancy reeth this Sunday?

John (Barbed Wire Love)
    Jeff - try this:first of all, put a '<'then type 'a href=' - with a space only between the a and the hthen type a - still no spacesthen type/paste the url of the fotopic page you want (eg http://www.jeff-todd.fotopic.net)then put another ", followed by a '/' and a '>'then put the text you want to appearthen another '<', followed by a '/' and an 'a', and finish with another '>'"

Don't get me wrong John, I'm not knocking it, merely making an observation, or more accurately concurring with Sam's obsrervation as to it's popularity. There had been more people posting up an intention to join you than the regular ride and you did outnumber the regular ride 2 weeks ago. As I say, I'm not knocking it, it offers some advantages to both groups.

.......cheers John.