Page 12 of 1507 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422621125121012 ... LastLast

Thread: North Leeds

Julian (aka Tom) Thomas
    This Thursday's ride meet @ 18:30 @ The Dexter pub (plenty of parking) which is at the junction of Wigton Lane and Wike Ridge Lane.From the ring road turn North towards Harrogate on the A61, drive to the first set of traffic lights (ignor pelicans (unless they are red of course :-))) and turn right onto Wigton Lane, The Dexter is on your right when you get to the end.Hands up who's coming?

Yep, Thursday's was a hard one! I should be able to make it - is this it

Stephen Greaves
    Yes John, your in the right place. See you there on Thursday.

I'll be there!Neil

Message for (not such) bad ideas - Do you still fancy going out tonight? If so we could meet at the war memorial in Headingley (between the oak and skyrack), 7.00 ish? Post up here if you still want to go out and I'll check before I go home tonight.

chris Kelly
    Neil, I'd be up for a quick blast tonight (providing my gears don't mess up again!). I'll check back this afternoon.

Steve Hodgson
    Aaaah..I would love to tag along but am in Brighton this Thursday with work.Mr.Greaves, I notice you have a Spec Enduro. Was that you I saw near Meanwood Park last Thursday night about 11pm, resplendant with big halogen lights?

Stephen Greaves
    Steve, no it wasn't me, I was doing the Pudsey ride. Could do with some halogen lights for the winter night rides!!

Steve Hodgson
    Winter will soon be here, I'm sure. I hate winter. Bah, humbug.Hope to meet you soon.Laters, Steve.

Yep, I'll be there tonight on my housemates old saracen and full roady attire - you'll see me coming!My mate mike might come along too if he's back from the commonwealth mtb race in time.See you there!

Nice one! see you and chris @ 7 then... Hopefully a good scrag will blow the monday blues away...BTW - I suspect I won't be going too fast as I did quite a hard ride in the peaks yesterday :-))) It was a bloody great ride though!!!!

chris Kelly
    sorry i missed you guys last night. Was late out of work and got stuck in traffic. I was going to suggest a quick blast tonight, but looking at the weather...anyone up for it?

Hi chris,No bother - we just did the route from headingley we did the other week.I'm doing other things tonight I'm afraid (I promised the g.f. I wouldn't be riding again 'till thursday)...

Julian (aka Tom) Thomas
    Er GuysI know I suggested the meeting place etc for tomorrow, but I have a problem and need to go to Newcastle tomorrow - it doesn't look like I will be getting back in time for the ride. Sorry to mess you around.I hope you will still all be able to go. I will work out a good route for you and post it here in a little while :-|psSteve & Steve (and anybody else who fancies a weekend day out) I am still OK for Sat or Sunday - I will call you Friday sometimeTom/Julian

Julian (aka Tom) Thomas
    Suggested ride for Thursday evening (about 12 miles) isFrom The Dexter (SE329403) TURN RIGHT (TR) onto Wike Ridge Lane.TL at lights onto Shadwell Lane.Continue to end of long straight and bear left into Holywell Lane (SE337402) (poorly surfaced road).When Holywell Lane turns right at playground - take Bridleway (BW) on left (SE339402).Follow to end of double track and look for single track BW on left (SE33340405) (probably v muddy now) and follow to Hall Farm.TR and first L onto road.At T-Junction (SE341412) look for BW directly opposite.Follow BW to Wike (SE338420) (This is Burble Well BW - take care on rocks at bottom!)Where BW spits you out onto road at Wike, TR and first left and first left again onto School Lane BW.Follow BW past Golf Clubhouse (SE335419) on right and thru golf club on double track and then onto single track thru a gate. Follow round to right and up and down short hill and join Harrogate Road A61 (SE321422).TR onto A61 for short slight hill.TR (first) onto Fortshot Lane (SE323423) and follow to T-Junc (SE335425).TL and follow to T-Junc (SE325431).Take BW opposite junction thru large iron gates and thru two other field gates before long rough double track descent to gate and bridge (SE313434).TL after bridge and follow BW to a BW 4-way cross roads at SE304438.TR down hill about 100 yards long (rocks) to a BW T-Junc.TR again down hill and look for BW signed on left after about 200 yards, follow this to gate (slightly technical).Thru gate and down hill and around corner to left on double track to gate and up slight hill to join a metalled road (SE307443) (this is still classed as a BW).TL over brow of hill and down steep bank to a cross roads and straight across (still on BW but a tarmac road) to an automatic gate.Thru gate and up hill over cattle grid at top and to a second cattle grid to a junction, (SE307450) bear left done hill (only for about 15 yards) & look for a BW imediately on your left thru a field gate.Follow single track BW to join road and follow round to right to another automatic gate that spits you out onto a public road (SE299448).TL and follow road up hill to junction (SE294445)TL (90 degrees) and follow along flat and then up hill to first bend (SE294440). Take BW double track on the left. Follow back to 4 way BW junction @ SESE304438.TR up short hill and down other side to Stub House Beck (SE303434)and take BW on your right over the beck.Follow single track BW to Bank House Farm (SE291424)TL and follow road (which is a BW) along side of Reservoir past Treatment Works and then hard right up very short hill and across the top of the dam.At far end of dam (SE 309417) lift bike over gates on right onto track around south side of reservoir (signs say no bikes but you didn't see them right!)Follow track to next gate and then turn left up tarmac road to T-junction (SE297408).TL and follow Alwoodley Lane thru T lights onto Wigton Lane and to the Dexter at the end.Hope this is some good to you and sorry I cannot be with youJulian/Tom

Erm, what's everybody else doing then? Still up for going out? I can try and plot Julian's route out on the map for tonight...Neil

Sorry but I won't be able to make it tonight as something has cropped up.Hope the weather improves for you....

Neil - you have mail (hopefully) :-)

Well, It's miserable as sin outside! It looks like bloody november!John has mailed me a map of the route - if anyone fancies coming out, then post here / mail me before 5pm. Otherwise I don't think I'll be going out owing to the rubbishness of the weather!Neil

Stephen Greaves
    Neil - I have plotted Julian's route on a map and can download onto the GPS.Looking at the weather this moment, with the rain in the last few days and the bikers unable to make the ride - is it worth it?