Page 1002 of 1507 FirstFirst ... 2502902952992100010011002100310041012105211021502 ... LastLast
Results 20,021 to 20,040 of 30125

Thread: North Leeds

Anyone riding tomorrow?

gingerflash, looks like you went Mastilles - Gorbeck - Settle - Stockdale Lane - Hawkswick Clowder? I've been thinking of doing that route what was your time & distance? Yesterday I did the Pateley Bridge - Appletreewick route from the VG South Dales book. Lots of tarmac on the way out fun descent into Appletreewick then long slog over Pock Stones Moor on the way back. Bit of moorland single track and bridleway back down to Pateley.

gringerd - le chouchou
    That's pretty much our route Mike. Distance was just under 27 miles. We took just under 6 hours in total including a long lunch stop in Settle and messing about for photos and stuff. Some top pics there Rich. Really captures the vibe of a top day out.

Cheers Dave, I've been meaning to map that route out on Anquet, thought it would be more than 30 miles. I'd need to add an hour to that for my pace. I did 23 miles yesterday took me ~5 hours but then there was a lot of fast mostly downhill tarmac from Greenhow.PhotosRoute 23 from this book

The route we did would have been 4 hours or less but we spent ages standing around chatting; had a long lunch; and just took all day over it. The surfaces are all pretty quick.No-one out tomorrow then?

Another one time regular checking back in. I think its just about warm/dry/light enough for us southerners to venture out of an evening again - hope to see you in a couple of weeks.Alistair

Don't forget it's the Chevin Cycles Trails & Ales ride this Sunday. From the shop, 9:30 for 10:00 start. More details here

Did Dave say Tuesday's ride would be the Eccup Epic?Any ideas for Thursday?

What time and where are we meeting tomorrow night, wouldn't mind bobbing along again!

my bike on last year's Eccup Epicand it may be raining Tuesday!I was over Chevin today, maybe old news to some but, The Royalty is for sale, hope they get a buyer, top pub for starting a ride from. Also fairy dell" has been sanitized the drop off has been converted into two big steps with a chicken run to one side. More steps further down."

I knew about The Royalty, but Fairy Dell sanitised! bummer :-(Dave will probably correct me, but if we are doing the Eccup Epic, it'll be The New Inn in Eccup (only pub in't village), but time? If you're there for 7pm & ready to ride, you might get straight off, or you might be waiting around for half an hour.No show for me tomorrow, unfortunately I have things to do.

When you say Fairy Dell has been sanitized don't you really mean the council have build a fast step down jump with perfect transition and cleared the landing? At least that's how i like to look at it :O)

The last rumour I heard was Eccup Epic STARTING at 7pm prompt from the New Inn.

If the weather's fine this week, I could do an Otley/Washburn ride on Thursday. Anyone know what the forecast is?

gringerd - le chouchou
    Eccup Epic is probably not a smart option in this weather.... We've tried it when the trails are wet and it becomes something of a slog. The soil structure near Sicklinghall doesn't allow the mud to clear from tyres easily.If anyone else has a more suitable ride for tonight that might be a better option. If not I'll try and come up with a shorter and hopefully less claggy route.

ali- how did you get on at the Dyfi? thought it was bastard hard personally, but enjoyed it on reflection once the mind numbing pain had stopped )i think you were chatting to my very good friends andrew and phil? andrew on a custard coloured simple, his brother phil on a bontrager, both singlespeed? they said they were chatting to ali from west yorkshire on an orange dialled... assumed that was you? )nice pics rich, is boris taking a tumble or settling down for a decent lunch in that pic?

Alright Craig, 'twas indeed me chatting to the Diproses, very nice they are as well, their pace helped pull me round for a while as well which was good although I think Phil had been a bit under the weather so I probably would have struggled if they'd been going full tilt.Hope you and Kirsty enjoyed it, I thought it was better than last year, the second half of the route seemed a little different but more rideable. Very hard work though on the long fireroad climbs. Seems a lot of people were getting punctures on the slate, I managed to avoid any which was just as well as I forgot my pump!Did you singlespeed as well?

Ali, any news on your availability for Mayhem yet? Are you in?

Talking of 24 hour events.... Is anyone interested in making up a team for 24/12, in July. There are 3 of us wanting to do it, Rob, RicB's mate and me. We need 2 more. Speaking for myself it won't be a competitive team, just going for the experience of camping out, biking and laughing at the crazy soloists we know struggling round and round! ;-)

And, organising again.. I believe Dales is leading for the anniversary ride on the 19th. Pateley Bridge was mentioned, anyone desperately not want to start there and has a better suggestion?Or anyone offering to lead from Pateley Bridge?