Thread: Computers

Steve :)
    I'm looking to by a computer for the m'bike but which one?Perferably cordless (although not essential) has to be compact, light and funky, ideally around 25 quid max.Any suggestions would be greatfully recieved.

What about the cateye enduro two. not cordless but has a good thicklead and will set you back between 15 and 20 quid.dual wheel size settings, kmh/mph, auto start stop, total time etc,etc.Had one for ages, top piece of kit. Looks cool in silver too.Or go for the cateye cordless, bit more chunky, same features, but 30 quidish.I personally prefer the Enduro, only one battery to change and seems alittle more reliable, I read that some people have trouble with them.

Andy Robson
    Should be able to pick up a Sigma one for under 20. Seem to be okay - the Ford Mondeo of computers. Can go through batteries quite quick, but I guess that's the cordless bit for you.Shameless plug coming up: Halfords *might* have some reduced Sigma 700 cordless ones at 9.99 (!!) so a visit may just be worth it if there's one near you. (don't try the Banbury one though cos i used my discount to get (the last) one even cheaper!!)oh and we've also got a front wheel - 2000 Xt hub on X517 red rim w/ black sapim radially laced spokes @ 35! Beat that Merlin!

tony mcgarley
    Mountain Tamers (01205 369777) sell enduro's for 15. cateye cordless for 26. post free.or the Mity 3 for 15, which is just a black enduro with thin wire.enduro beats all for price/performance/function.

Great quote from some old 70s cycling book:Bicycle speedomiters are a waste of money as they can never be relied apon to be accurite. If you want to know how fast you are going then time yourself over a measured course"Sorry thats not strictly a quote as I couldn't find the book but its pretty much like that. "

Steve :)
    Cheers, I think i'll go with the enduro II

Cordless computers are great but they aren't quite as good in cold weather...

Dave Whittle
    reply to joe about inaccuracat computers-the 70s book was probably referring to mechanically driven speedos that we're the rage then.Electronic bike speedos are v. accurate. Oddily motorbike shops sell them as accessories as standard speedos are so inaccurate (and theyre small and light and trick").I second the Enduro II recommendation, the cord is thick, glued into the mount,and comes with a spiral wrap to fasten it to the brake cable.I'd steer away from Vettas as I and a few other mate have had problems with them (tho my last one, which had a thermometer function, lasted a couple of years)."

Haha,I dont mean by that last post that comuters are a waste of time, just liked the quote.There was something else in the book about tying your bike up with a stout peice of rope". Hmmmmmm. "

Strange fettish.But, it takes all sorts..;-)