Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Good God. It works!

My old login works!

Did not expect that.

So who is still here from the bad old days?

PMJ! How y'doin'?

Hello mate.
    hows life?

's up, Jazz. You haven't aged a day...

Bout all that does

Hello. Alright thanks. How are things on here?

Have to admit, I didn't expect my old login to actually work...

Almost dead. There's a tiny clique now; about four people.

For some weird reason, I get ignored for the most part. It's like posting on STW.

Reckon it could be my breath - stand back now, y'hear...

quiet on here, but still just about kicking, still have alot of freedom as a forum but not alot of posters really.
    everything has moved to facebook and twitter etc.

everything has moved to facebook and twitter
    That explains a lot. Especially the disappearance of certain members who, for the most part, were glued to the forum for the majority of their waking life...

Nah. They get weeded out by the openness of the forum and availability of social media. Karlos couldn't be funny any more and the posted the racist thread and disappeared but then posts some quite stunning content on FB. BHB is going the same way without the visible excellence outlet other than his racing results. We just don't have cleverly put arguments or discussions any more just dumb idiots - myself included - who can't express themselves adequately without crossing a socially unacceptable line that other members don't want to cross.

Then then when you do post, there's always someone who'll turn your comments or request for advice Into a negative personal bashing. I've practically given up with FB, am only posting sport or club related promotions on twitter for the best part, and more and more finding that becoming inclusive and rejecting any form of social media has it's attractions.

Vis a vis I posted on stw yesterday re some 29er advice which has resulted in some personal comments being levied against me. wtf, I really can't be arsed to entertain that even when posting content deliberately designed to be generic.

Peace out. V.

Senior Member Stephanos Wephanos's Avatar
    Whoaaaaa!

A blast from the past.

But as Stan says.

I only pop on every now and then to see if anyone's got something interesting and or funny to say.

I think some people have had a sense of humour bypass, people I used to have banter with have disappeared up their own arses. Shame, well, actually it's not, I couldn't give a fuck.
    Though it is odd that I still need to peer in from time to time.

Used to spend all day slacking on here about 2005-6, it got me through my working day and I met a few good people, and a few tossers.

Shit the bed! There's some guff in here.

Everyone knows that once all the trolls were outed the number of posters dropped by 75% - then "the two that shall not be named" imploded thus reducing the entertainment value of the forum.

The new owners changed the platform & then simply left it to die........which it is doing.

Those that remain are all tossers which is why they remain (apart from that freak Hans who doesn't even realise he's on 'universal ignore').

It really is either going to die soon or be taken over by a new group of like-minded idiots - whether that be new blood or returning veterans.

Fight fight fight fight.... :-D

Who? Where?

it is odd that I still need to peer in from time to time.
    Me, too - 's weird, innit.

universal ignore
    Ah, explains that, then.

I posted on stw yesterday re some 29er advice which has resulted in some personal comments being levied against me. wtf
    *wanders over for a butch*

To save you the bother;

recommend me a FRO 29er
    just use what you have
    lighten what you have if you have some money to spend
    your shit at racing, don't bother.

It it just took over 70 posts to get there.
    Last edited by Stan; 23-05-14 at 11:14.

@ Nobby - you really believe the deranged postings of Dylan and John are the staple entertainment? Well that's my point. There's little else here amongst the few to keep people - vets or new - involved.

Too late - I just read most of it.

Typical internet, let alone STW. I'm loathe to start a thread about polycarbonate roofing sheets even though I know someone there would be able to answer my query quicker than a phone call to the manufacturers, but I'll be ignored. Could be my user name, I guess.

Can't be fucked with forums TBH - I have a quick read if the weather's shit/with my morning coffee and then get stuck into the music or DIY building projects. It's for youngsters, really, isn't it...

Edit : Or for when one is very drunk and wants to make an arse of oneself, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Frii View Post
    Can't be fucked with forums TBH.