Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Battle on the Beach

Anyone else entered this? I was around there on holiday in the summer and took jnr for a ride on the same beach - lots of fun so I thought I'd put in an entry. Anyone else fancy it? Details here

There's no female 50+ category, so I probably won't bother

Battle on the Beach? I'd definitely be on the side of the mods. Not into grease, leather and noisy motorcycles...

It's a cracking beach to ride (please forgive the dodgy video - handheld iPhone 4 doesn't exactly provide the most stable/quality image)

Beach ride?

You NEED one of these!

CookerMaxi.jpg

Ah, the fatbike, the preserve of STW niche-mongers who are often found screaming 'look at me! look at me!' in their sleep.

There are beaches left?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSerrano View Post
    i was waiting for it to be announced as was hearing to it for a while and now have caught the news well in time to get in .. so count me in !
    It's quite a long way from New York, y'know...

I'd love to but my schedule is looking a little packed - looks a little different and I like Howies gear

I for it to be waiting an announcement to be it as I hear Its quite a long way from Here.
    Last edited by Dalesman ; 18-01-14 at 12:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalesman View Post
    I for it to be waiting an announcement to be it as I hear Its quite a long way from Here.
    Step away from the bottle.....

Was looking forward to this but the green stuff currently coming up from my lungs says it's a no-go. Arse.

Well, i tweaked a quad at the start, spent three painful laps getting dropped then DNF'd in case I hurt myself more. I then discovered whilst talking to a Marshall, the pack is full of ex TDF level and Elite british nationals.

I had your lurgy last weekend Alx, and every ride since has ended up with me being light headed, including this 6/7 minutes (I still am now, 3hrs later) - I must be carrying something.

Im in a black mood about it tbh.
    Last edited by Stan; 16-03-14 at 13:16.

Feeling good
    The PRs continue to fall, seems to be th more miles you do the quicker you get.
    TT.jpgNesfield lump.jpg

I hate being ill. Especially when the sun is shining like it is

Kids germs the worsterist there is

Indeed. Ironic then, that while I've been curled up in woe on the sofa, they've been to the park with mum - on their bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Well, i tweaked a quad at the start, spent three painful laps getting dropped then DNF'd in case I hurt myself more. I then discovered whilst talking to a Marshall, the pack is full of ex TDF level and Elite british nationals.

I had your lurgy last weekend Alx, and every ride since has ended up with me being light headed, including this 6/7 minutes (I still am now, 3hrs later) - I must be carrying something.

Im in a black mood about it tbh.
    Christ you entered a frigging TDF Pro Elite race and got dropped, just carry on riding for fucks sake. How did you tweak a quad at the start? similar thing happened to me but at the very end of the race and cost me a place got overtaken in the last KM of the second run, I got cramp so bad running through thigh high cold Newnham rivers I think I might have torn it by saying 'shut up legs' and pushing even harder Hurts quite a bit can't even sit on the foam roller.

It might be the same cold that's doing the rounds down here, I was blowing solid green chunks of shite out all yesterday, friday my skin was aching and today after hacking up about a pounds worth of phlegm I vomited all over my bike...I'm now wrapped up in a blanket nursing another bottle of red wine.

I finished 8th though which isn't bad as I was feeling so poorly yesterday I opened a second bottle of wine and resinged myself to a top 20.
    Last edited by William of the Hearted Bl; 16-03-14 at 20:37.

Quote Originally Posted by William of the Hearted Bl View Post
    How did you tweak a quad at the start
    I wish I knew.

I did 3 laps to try to ride it off but it was too painful to carry on. Put it this way - my 3 lap average over the flat part of the circuit being used was 2mph slower than my 15 lap average over the full circuit in the prior cat 4 I'd done which includes a 100m 8% hill.

So what would have been the point? I might have ruined (if it's not already) my weekend to Coedy next week.