Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40
  1. #21
    Senior Member Lord Greenville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Celestial Yorkshire
    Posts
    17,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    Folk that ride with you tend to end up injured or ruined, sometimes both.
    I've never been the same.............................................. ...

  2. #22
    Remember when your lights failed and you went straight over that berm rather than around it, I suppose you'll be blaming me for that too?

  3. #23
    Senior Member Nobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Pub
    Posts
    32,716
    You even manage to get folk lost on way-marked trails.

  4. #24
    Senior Member The BIG GT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Vancouver. BC
    Posts
    2,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    That's only if you want to be the best and you want to beat the rest.
    How did I know you'd be the one to get that and comment?
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Oh, yes. We're both sad old twats...


    On that point, I turned 46 yesterday (just past midnight here now).
    4 years till 50 - Christ, that makes me feel old!

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    You even manage to get folk lost on way-marked trails.
    Ermm...I assume you're referring to Dyl, I take no responsibility for his actions, luckily we managed to save him. Or is that unluckily for some?

    He was like a fcuking UFO with all those lights.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Lord Greenville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Celestial Yorkshire
    Posts
    17,553
    Quote Originally Posted by _Dirty Karlos_ View Post
    Remember when your lights failed and you went straight over that berm rather than around it, I suppose you'll be blaming me for that too?
    Nah, you're blameless, there. It was bloody funny, though.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Stan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,226
    Stay indoors Gav. I've looked outside and its raining. Sod that....

  8. #28
    Senior Member Nobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Pub
    Posts
    32,716
    Quote Originally Posted by The BIG GT View Post
    How did I know you'd be the one to get that and comment?
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Oh, yes. We're both sad old twats...


    On that point, I turned 46 yesterday (just past midnight here now).
    4 years till 50 - Christ, that makes me feel old!
    Well happy fcuking birthday!

    I passed the same landmark a few weeks ago and, suddenly, I feel quite old :-/

  9. #29
    Senior Member Nobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Pub
    Posts
    32,716
    Quote Originally Posted by _Dirty Karlos_ View Post
    Ermm...I assume you're referring to Dyl, I take no responsibility for his actions, luckily we managed to save him. Or is that unluckily for some?

    He was like a fcuking UFO with all those lights.
    I thought of it as "Close Encounters of the Worst Kind".

  10. #30
    Senior Member Stephanos Wephanos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    16,412
    I need motivation for tomorrow...

    Loads of drizzle and what were dry trails will become all goey, plus in the actual hills round these parts the forests will be full of drunks with hunting rifles...

  11. #31
    Senior Member Nobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Pub
    Posts
    32,716
    If you want some excitement and to build fitness may I suggest you go riding in one of these then SW:

    http://www.dressingupboxonline.co.uk...-jumpsuit.jpeg

  12. #32
    Senior Member Stephanos Wephanos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    16,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    If you want some excitement and to build fitness may I suggest you go riding in one of these then SW:

    http://www.dressingupboxonline.co.uk...-jumpsuit.jpeg

    Yes, yes, plus I could smear my self in "Eau de Pheasant' so I can be chased by a pack of rabid hunting dogs...

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    I thought of it as "Close Encounters of the Worst Kind".
    Heehee... definitely.

  14. #34
    Senior Member Jen J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    9,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    Well happy fcuking birthday!

    I passed the same landmark a few weeks ago and, suddenly, I feel quite old :-/
    You youngsters are so funny.

  15. #35
    Senior Member Pedal Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Notts / Derby border
    Posts
    547
    Loop round Llandegla followed by a bacon cob @ OPA and a nose round the bike shop

  16. #36
    Senior Member oldnick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,247
    45 in January, so am I youngnick all of a sudden?

    However, I've just entered 24/12 as a solo, so by the 27th of July I'll be at least 90.

  17. #37
    Senior Member Lord Greenville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Celestial Yorkshire
    Posts
    17,553
    Is Gav riding yet?

  18. #38
    Senior Member Lur'bak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    09320 fr
    Posts
    7,615
    He went out on his bike some weeks back and not been seen since!

  19. #39
    Senior Member Gav.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Where the wind does blow
    Posts
    5,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Greenville View Post
    Is Gav riding yet?
    em, no. no he is not.

    Skye sounded good DK - was it ? What did you do?

    also managed to do my back/hamstrings/something connecting the two in a while back, been getting a lot worse recently and been getting some 'exciting' physio work done. Accupuncture the last two times, christ, it'll be Reiki next eh?

    Or Joining Serge on the Yoga trip. Apparently a lot of cycling - obv. in ma yooth like, means that my hams are in a bad and tight way, always compressed, never extended. Anyone else have similar issues ?

    oh, and it's reet stormy out tonight, and tomorrow so no commute. Really need to buck my ideas up eh?

    Duathlon could be the idea though Tim - did one a few years back, need to be a bad off road, run up the mountain type one though. Plan for next year I think

  20. #40
    Senior Member Gav.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Where the wind does blow
    Posts
    5,304
    em, still not - though did ride to nearly the end of my street - say 40m and back, to check that gears and brakes work. They do.

    Planning a commute sometime soon. I'll keep you posted.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •